well lads had the car in heatwave last weekend
along wit keith555,
great day ... and a few mates
spent the guts of 8 hours cleanin the car on sat ,
detar it, rinse it, shampoo it, rinse it , wheels of scrubed , wheels waxed ,
archways scrubbed , car 1st coat out a 3 of polish , windows cleaned,
windows polished ,
interior wet vac, interior polished

yet a number a ppl asked did i claybar it?
ive never used this would that of saved me alot of time?

[quote author=MarkC link=topic=25688.msg302478#msg302478 date=1281453221]
Your supposed to use a claybar after you have washed the car and then polish etc. The claybar removes any contaminants such as tree sap, bits of tar etc and leaves a smooth surface on the paint :thumbsup:

Have a look at the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_pFgsjlJk
[/quote]
cheers ,
so wudn a saved me aby time?

I dont know if it would have saved you any time but you would have a cleaner paint surface from using the claybar. you put a lot of effort into it fairplay to you :thumbsup:

Put up pics of the car :smile:

Wouldn't really have saved time just added to it in a big way. As Mark said all a claybar does is get rid of the contaminents that are on your paintwork.

Before i done mine my paintwork was bumpy and felt rough but afterwards it was lovely and smooth again. Worth doing it twice a year maybe. :thumbsup:

all depends on the colour of your car and condition of paint wether would it have saved time or not
if you want your paint to be cleaned of contaminants then use claybar
personally i dont claybar every car there are plenty of chemicals these days that can clean paintwork for you without using claybar
however it is probably the best allrounder but i have reservations of people using it who dont use it all the time
if you get tar on the bar and drag it round the paint it will be fooked
seen it before several times, i have had to do paint correction on such vehicles
a great tool but please detar first, then use and use carefully
make sure to have area properly sprayed with soapy liquid also
and happy clay barring Colm :subaru:

Back