Rumble bum

sliweczka

Middle Lane Hogs
Can some1 tell me in jdm 03sti twin scroll are equal headers?And that's why I don't hear Subaru "rumble" hmm :ponder2:

Standard should be unequal lenght.
Is there after market headers on it? maybe someone put spec c ones on it, think they are equal lenght

No ideA, soon I will change centre pipe plus decat so we will see, at this moment sound like rally car no rumble at all :icon_hang:

red is the colour of the intake manifold.

The exhaust manifold affects the "rumble". Its bottom front of the car.

[quote author=sliweczka link=topic=25599.msg301662#msg301662 date=1281189361]
Well red colour, standard 1, later can make some photo
[/quote] :icon_lol:

Will be hard to make a photo:( anyway original in jdm 03 sti is equal or unequal header length?

All Subarus have unequal lenght exhaust manifolds, except Spec C. As far as i know, they are the only Subaru to use a factory equal lenght..

Reason i asked you to look at manifold is to see if its heat wrapped or have original heat shields

Hehe I know I know ...I am still a noob :icon_grin: so again why I don't hear "rumble" need to change full exhaust to hear or???

Even with a standard exhaust you can still hear bit of a rumble. If you can get a picture of the headers we will be able to tell you if they are equal or unequal length headers.

Steve.

Michaels S204 had twinscroll equal length headers.

I thought that all twin scrolls had equal length headers from the factory

all jdm sti ,spec c,type ra,ra-r s203,s204,from version 8 onwards have twin scroll turbos therefore have to have equal lenght headers and also have avcs cam timng so dont sound at all like a scooby :thumbsup:

bah will try to make some photo tommorow, yes i am sure is twinscroll turbo just found white sign VF37

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=25599.msg301722#msg301722 date=1281208968]
all jdm sti ,spec c,type ra,ra-r s203,s204,from version 8 onwards have twin scroll turbos therefore have to have equal lenght headers and also have avcs cam timng so dont sound at all like a scooby :thumbsup:
[/quote]
I thought it was only spec c and the special editions had equal lenghts, thought the standard STI was unequal??

no ken all jdm sti v8 upwards including all special editions have the equal length manifold and the avcs thats why they are so much better than european spec cars .not alot of difference besides weight saving a little power upgrade and some suspension work between the jdm sti and all special editions

Hello Lads,

All Twin Scrollers have Equal Length headers AFAIK :ponder2:

They really sound great IMO with the right Exhaust :subaru:

Very Super-bike-ish :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Back