ECU QUESTION...?

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hey all,

I'm hoping to start welding my wide arch project car tomorrow and will be disconnecting the ECU so no power spikes damage it.... along with the alternator!

Does anyone know if the DCCD on a Type R is controlled by an ECU as it's an electronic diff... if so...is it controlled by the main ECU or by a seperate one? :ponder2: And if a seperate one... where is it located..? :dontknow:

Please excuse my ignorance but never even thought about it til now! :iamwithstupid:

Cheers for any advice,

Jamie. :thumbsup:

dccd has its own controller - however in classics - type-r and type-ra it's rather simple one - just a manual thumbwheel.
But there's no problem with fitting aftermarket more sophisticated automatic controller, like neetronics.

Not sure - but heard of some ecu's capable of controlling dccd, too - but nothing like this in standard car.

Cheers Rudeboy... so basically there is no ECU or electronic controller for the DCCD that I'm likely to fry when welding...?

I thought there is an ecu under steering colum somewhere, im 99.99% sure of it in fact

Jesus.. thanks Ken! :thumbsup: I'll look for it tomorrow and make sure it's disconnected!

Might try and find a pic of it online somewhere so I know what I'm looking for! If anyone has one... I'd greatly apprecaite it!

Either way, once the battery is diconnected and the body earthed then there should be no damage to any electrical circuits :thumbsup:

The ECU for the DCCD is located in drivers footwell on right hand side (the panel to the right of accelerator) in my Classic.

Thanks lads...should have enough info there to find it. Thanks for pic Ken. :thumbsup:

Must be in the same place as your car Andy! :thumbsup:

Phil... wanna be safe then sorry... power spikes can still fry circuitry so no point taking any risk!

Cheers all! :thumbsup:

Back