B4 Brake Caliper trouble

DG-legacy

Sunday Drivers
Hi Lads

I am having trouble with my 00 b4 It sounds like the brake pads are hitting of the disc when driving and is squeaking like mad it stops when i hit the brake.

They are standard brakes. i think it could be my caliper sticking on the front left.

Would anyone know how much for a new caliper or does any one have one second hand I could buy of them?

any help would be much appreciated.

Could it be that the brake pad is low? There's usually a piece of metal pointed inwards to act as an indicator that pads need replacing.

You can try froggy, he is a trader on the site if you need a new caliper.

Have you checked to see if you pads still have anything left on them? When i had my leggy ages ago this happened but i just needed new pads

Hope this helps, if not somebody will be able to give you more information on stuck caliper etc :thumbsup:

What pads are you using? I put a set of Apec into mine before as a stop gap and they were doing the same as your saying. They were a slight bit to big for the slider so when you braked they were sticking against the disc. I filed the edge down just enough to get rid of the paint and put a small bit of copper grease on the slider and they were fine from then on.

Dont know what type of pads they are they would be just standard brake pads.

i dont think it my pads because it started to happen with the original pads i had on thats why i changed them to see if it would help but it didnt.

Front left caliper seizing can be a problem on the legacy's. Either that or the pot isn't fully returning to the caliper and is causing the pad to rub the disc. Take the caliper off and take the pot out, check for scoring/marks on it. Clean it up and put it back together and see how it goes..

i have a set of standard calipers i too off my 00 B4 your more than welcome to them

where in the country r u?

Same problem with my brakes mate but have other issues too and got reversed into this week. What i would say is standard motor factor brkes didnt last long for me and wore down uneven and got gravel trapped once or twice too! ended up gettin dave legacy to sort them out for now, but need new callipers. I'll have them stevo, dont mind the road trip if DG passes them up

Back