What is this yoke?

dontommy

ISDC Club Member
Hi lads. As I was working around my engine and I notice this thing :ponder2: that appears to be broken.
What is it? What is its purpose? What could happent when Its broken? Are the two ends conected to each other or they r connected to a hoses?

Thomas

Little ba*tard of a thing, I broke a nib off mine because the hoses was bone dry and cracked it off... I'll take a picture at home for you later if it will help? I didn't drive mine hard after i broke it so can't say what it does to the boost etc..

Here you go mate ... :thumbsup:

Electronic boost control is achieved by modifying the pressure signal from the
turbocharger compressor outlet to the wastegate actuator using a solenoid.

The minimum boost pressure that can be achieved occurs when the solenoid is
de-energised. This pressure is entirely dependent on the wastegate actuator
spring and wastegate sizing.

The maximum boost pressure that can be achieved occurs when the solenoid is
always energised. This pressure is dependent on the turbocharger/engine
combination. Typically this pressure exceeds that which can be safely
tolerated by the engine.

By varying the on/off ratio (duty cycle) of the boost control solenoid, the ECU
can adjust the boost pressure to anything between the minimum and maximum
outlined above.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=25527.msg300853#msg300853 date=1280933433]
... I'll take a picture at home for you later if it will help? ....
[/quote]

:thumbsup: Thanks. I will appreciate if u can take a picture just to have an idea how should look. As much as I understood there is a hoses that are connected to the broken ends. I will be happy if u take a pic where they go!

:thumbsup: Dan/ckay thanks for the help aswell.

Looking at it now would I need to replace just the plastic piece or the whole thing that is attached to the manifold?

I had to replace that part in my impreza the 2 ends were broken and i didnt know. the pipes go to the fuel canister and that thing is called a purge control solenoid valve. when mine was broken it affected the idle. I got a secondhand one from a trader on here. I dont think you can get the plastic piece on its own :ponder:

That was broke on my old car, and i had no issues at all, i thought i had a slight hesitation and i found it, replaced it and it made no difference, if its going to the carbon canister i cant see how it will do any harm

Back