Back box question

sliweczka

Middle Lane Hogs
At this moment looking for any not so loud back box which incrase a bit bhp, can someone recommend any?

Don't think any back box will give increase in Bhp. You have to free the air flow by removing the cats for that. They can change the rumble though. One of the best sounding back boxes I think is the Magnex Oval. Very nice Sound out of it. The prodrive back boxes are almost the same but a little deeper in note. Then theres the Howard and Scott ones and so on but they all sound much the same when just the back box. Really comes down what look you want.

To get the most out of it yes.

I have head of lads not mapping but I think it could be bad for the engine.

Bah, so have to save money for remap aswell, that's the biggest problem because remap is more expensive like all exhaust:( well thanks guys

Well 2,3 bhp is not much but always something :icon_biggrin: one more question, what if b4 in my car was full sport exhaust system, 3 months ago car needed nct so the guy changed exhaust again for standard. I remember the guy who sold me car askd me do I need all exhaust, I said no coz have 2 kids and will be to loud. So if he did remap? Everytime when u change exhaust from standard to any performance then from performance exhaust to normal u have to remap ecu? If yes I need a mine of gold lol :icon_pray:

It wouldn't be ideal to change between the 2 but if you were to do it, map for the sports decat exhaust.. If you map for the standard exhaust and then fit the performance exhaust you will suffer boost spikes which could cause damage.. It wouldn't be ideal but the alternative is to get a simtek/sivecs ecu and have switchable maps :thumbsup:

You should look into a decat with a small tailpipe backbox like hayward and scott do.. That would be the best of both worlds as you have performance and a quietish exhaust system..

Ok, I get message from last owner he said he didn't remap after Putin standard exhaust, he said car is still mapped for 3 inch decat, so if I buy decat and back box should be fine?

Vortex afterburner is the best sounding exhaust imo....no in-cabin droan and comes to life on boost... they claim 5-7bhp gain on back box alone due to there spiral technology inside the back box.

no re-map required taking out the second cat and adding a back box

Just bought prodrive back box from diesel Tom, almost brand new, now have to find decat and centre pipe :icon_grin:

Back