Help

Blitzer09

Middle Lane Hogs
Mechanic just rang me there said he has my bottom end just finished but the forged pistons aren't clearing the oil squirters does anybody know why?? Is this common is there a quick fix?? Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Can notch a small piece out of bottom of each piston, or you could get the block machined and sit the squirters down deeper in there holes.. are the cossie pistons???

I wouldn't go "notching" anything out of your pistons, this could create a weight imbalance that would lead to an engine failure at high RPM.

I'm snappin boys could nearly smell de boost gonna hav ta change the pistons and thanks for takin the time ta ring ur pal phil sorry to annoy ya in a Saturday

and thanks ken but it's new pistons.... There mahle by the way....

[quote author=Blitzer09 link=topic=25446.msg299953#msg299953 date=1280611626]
I'm snappin boys could nearly smell de boost gonna hav ta change the pistons and thanks for takin the time ta ring ur pal phil sorry to annoy ya in a Saturday

and thanks ken but it's new pistons.... There mahle by the way....
[/quote]

No bother man :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=25446.msg299956#msg299956 date=1280611732]
http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000190;p=7
If this is not a direct link, my bad :icon_redface:
Page 7, about half way down, same problem with RCM OMEGA pistons :thumbsup:

Notching the pistons is not a problem as long as its not a big notch and the 4 pistons are weighed. other alternative is to sit the squirters lower into their holes, think i would go with that option,as its only a bit of drilling and tapping.
[/quote]

thanks for that ken it was a direct link..... I'm still gonna change the pistons my nerves would be gone if I notched de pistons wrong on ruined the block better be safe than sorry I've waited ling enough a few more days won't hurt appreciate your help though thanks :thumbsup:

Back