Type 25 Rebuild Progress.....

antonm

Petrolheads
Big smoke today on the way to work! loss of power and I shut her down. With the gagrage now and the chief mechanic is goning to have a look on Monday but it looks like a new block is needed :icon_cry:
I will keep you posted.

Re: Engine is f**ked!!

Cheers lads. its heart breaking! She is my pride and joy (after my wife and 2 kids of course )

Been there, done that ,and wore the fooking oily Tshirt......... TWICE.......... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Wow!
Sweet jesus that sucks!
Something must have gone wrong inside of her, I would be very cautious about putting another motor in before fiinding out what went wrong!
Was she worked on recently?
Either way I wouldn't go spending loads of money putting a new cosworth motor into her! There's nothing special about the block itself!
There may be salvageable parts to use in a rebuild, ie. your cossie crank is savage, and I'm sure the conrods would be something very special!
So new casings, pistons and bearings!

Best of luck man! please let us know how you get on!
Dan

Hello Anton,

I am very sorry to hear about this :wall:

Please keep us updated as to what happened.

Sorry Again,

Michael

Well the new engine is ordered from Litchfields and a new turbo :multijump: it's being built as i type and iain is getting one for himself too :thumbsup:
it will be a few weeks yet before she is back to normal as i will have to run the engine in and get he mapped here.

High Strength Type-25 block is
New Subaru MY08+ Block with Nitrided Crank
Litchfield Type-25 Forged oversized pistons with rings
Litchfield Type-25 forged rods
Cosworth Ultra High Performance Main Bearing Set
Cosworth Ultra High Performance Rod Bearing Set
Litchfield Type-25 close deck block upgrade
Cosworth Head Gaskets
Cosworth Ultra High Performance Cylinder Head Stud Kits (260,000psi tensile strength)
Cosworth Subaru (EJ20/EJ25) High Volume/Pressure Blueprinted Oil Pump-.& install kit
Cosworth High Performance Kevlar Timing Belt
Subaru (EJ20/EJ25) Oil Control Baffle
Twin entry LM450 Turbo

I can't wait!

sounds like a good strong build there

hopeits sorted and on the road soon

whats the lead time on the new engine?

Closed deck 2.5!!!!
Fookin deadly!
That's feckin savage Anton! :wazzup:
Wow,
Any news on what caused the engine failure in the first place?
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25217.msg301187#msg301187 date=1281037512]
Closed deck 2.5!!!!
Fookin deadly!
That's feckin savage Anton! :wazzup:
Wow,
Any news on what caused the engine failure in the first place?
Dan
[/quote]

Its not a closed deck like what you are thinking Dan, its a standard 2.5 block that Litchfields and i think Swindon engine builders have developed, basically putting support around the top of bores, not sure whether its the dowel type support or a complete insert, either way it should be a very strong block.

That should be a great build Anton, is the car going over to Litchfields to have engine fitted?

I am going to get it fitted here and mapped here too. I am not sure of the lead time either. I will post the full stats once she is complete.
Driving the brothers M3 at the moment as he us away and I must say it's very nice but I do miss the surge of an old turbo!

Back