Legacy fueling or sensor problem.help

adjay

Sunday Drivers
Well the legacy is running well but when going up a perticular hill if i change down to 4th gear and put the foot down it won't take throttle and jumps and losses power and then engine light comes on. It does not do this often if i acceleate from 2 up it don't do it but its only when i put in the boot, its like it can't get the fuel or air mixture, its like a sensor problem any ideas. Nct tomorrow.

Best to get it plugged it to a diagnostic and see the cause off the check engine light.

It could be a lot of things so not much point in guessing

Your car has two bluck plugs under the dash on the drivers side. Get out your philips screwdriver and remove the plastic panel under the steering column. The plugs are hidden up amongst wiring toward the centre console side of the dash. Plug these two together and turn on the ignition but dont start the car. The check engine light will flash at you in sequence. Long flashes and short flashes. E.G. 2 long followed by 3 short flashes= code 23. If you want me to talk you through this you can phone me on 087-6854341. Saves 40 quid on diagnostics. My bet is a code 22,23 or 32.

its a code 66 turbo problem. Notice a hole in the large pipe off small turbo, wonder if this is doeing it. Anyone know where i can the pipe from, silicone one would be fantastic.

[quote author=adjay link=topic=25200.msg297697#msg297697 date=1279749261]
Well the legacy is running well but when going up a perticular hill if i change down to 4th gear and put the foot down it won't take throttle and jumps and losses power and then engine light comes on. It does not do this often if i acceleate from 2 up it don't do it but its only when i put in the boot, its like it can't get the fuel or air mixture, its like a sensor problem any ideas. Nct tomorrow.
[/quote]

stop going up that perticular hill see does it make a difference :icon_grin:

ha ha ill make a detourgoing home. Also if i put the but down after changing down a gear.

Back