fmic question

m3 mick

Sunday Drivers
hey lads looking at few intercoolers on e bay just woderig if theirs any different type of fmic for classics mine is a 96 wrx v limated
are they all the same for classics

some ads say itercoolers from 95 to 00 others say from 96 to 00

http://cgi.ebay.ie/SUBARU-95-00-IMP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439946714c

or

http://cgi.ebay.ie/93-01-SUBARU-IMP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2977b945

or
http://cgi.ebay.ie/95-01-SUBARU-IMP...ts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5193ecbb30or

just dont wanna buy some thing that wont fit
cheers

Is your car a V2 or V3 96? as they changed that year.

Easiest way to check is either the VIN plate or does the turbo intake pipe go under the intercooler or not?

You can get later model intercoolers to fit the side entry early classic but its more work involved :thumbsup:

assume its late model as intake under the intercooler........ correct?? so which inter cooler type am i looking for

cheers

pic wont work.. not sure why its model no is gc8c48d

engine code is ej20gdw5he

and other code is gc8-039869

that any use ??

GC8C48D is a Version 2

Means that its the older model with the turbo intake pipe that goes down the back of the intake manifold NOT under it. Its very unlikely its been changed for a later manifold.

This is the direct fit for your model, Its identical to the Autobahn 88 (it may actual be autobahn)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-92-96-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-FILTER-KIT-/350365073568?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519362c0a0

Its a great kit that bolts on to the intake manifold, its very secure. I have the Autobahn kit on my 95 2.5 sti

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=25172.msg297415#msg297415 date=1279657198]
GC8C48D is a Version 2

Means that its the older model with the turbo intake pipe that goes down the back of the intake manifold NOT under it. Its very unlikely its been changed for a later manifold.

This is the direct fit for your model, Its identical to the Autobahn 88 (it may actual be autobahn)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-92-96-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-FILTER-KIT-/350365073568?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519362c0a0

Its a great kit that bolts on to the intake manifold, its very secure. I have the Autobahn kit on my 95 2.5 sti
[/quote]

i've bought stuff from this seller very good to deal with :thumbsup:

thanks lads that looks like good kit hopefully ill be able ta order it in the morning... Kinda should sort my dodgy gear box and abs first but sure i may as well just collect all the bits and fit the lot at one time so ill order that and worry bout the rest later... Please let 3rd gear hold on for another few weeks. Thanks again for the info

lads anothes quick question going to collect fmic off derick ra off here on friday just one question inter cooler is autobahn88 his car is a rev4 ra classic is their much needed to modify his type fmic to fit onto my car cheers

It will fit but depending on your air filter arrangment and the hole in the valance for the pipe going down to the front mount core, it may need to be modified in that area. :thumbsup:

thanks for info thats grand as long as im not gonna have ta buy more pipes ta fit it ill modify the valance myself handy enough.

Hate to be the fun killer, but why you wanting a Fmic??? are you getting mapped??? any other mods?? as fmic with a td04 turbo will be fairly depressing i reckons

KINDA SPEND A LOT OF TIME DOIN QUITE LONG DISTANCE GOING QUICK ENOUGH AND APPERANTLY THE TOP MOUNT NOT 2 GOOD FOR THE ENGINE DOIN THIS .HOPEFULLY GONNA GET IT MAPPED SOON AND PROB FEW OTHER BITS ASWELL ....... SO THOUGHT ID START WITH FRONT MOUNT. DO YA RECKON ITS A WASTE ??

ALSO WILL FMIC FIT WITH STANDARD AIRBOX OR DO I NEED FILTER TO FIT IT IM GONNA GET ONE EVENTUALLY JUST NOT THIS WEEK IF I DONT HAVE 2

CHEERS FOR INFO

[quote author=m3 mick link=topic=25172.msg297818#msg297818 date=1279822123]
KINDA SPEND A LOT OF TIME DOIN QUITE LONG DISTANCE GOING QUICK ENOUGH AND APPERANTLY THE TOP MOUNT NOT 2 GOOD FOR THE ENGINE DOIN THIS .
[/quote]

What kind of speeds mate 120 mph or something??
Up to 100mph i would consider the top mount to be good enough and i would have no problem in given the car full trips of the clock on standard tmic, just wouldnt hold her on full bore fore 5 mile or anything, there is probably guys on here running big enough power on standard sti 5 tmic.
Some guys in the past i have seen seem to think fmic will give more power and it wont, its only an ingredient the same as an up rated fuel pump etc etc.
If itb was purely looks you were after, i would just mount it and not hook it up.
There is a good bit of work involved in fitting one, you will have to probably do a bit of panel beating and the hardest part cut the bumper nicely.
You will need a good induction kit... NOTE I SAID GOOD INDUCTION KIT!!!!! not some Ractive etc etc shite,
You will run a high risk by fitting fmic and induction kit and waiting to get mapped, i wouldnt fit anything untill right before the map and crawl to the venue

Back