Dump Valve for legacy estate

jackthelad517

hello folks. ive got a legacy estate and was thinking about getting a dump valve installed. A friend of mine has one on his mr2 and it sounds top class.
Wondering if anyone here has one on theres and if it worth it or even how much it could cost to splash out on a 'whoosh' noise,
cheers
john

Your opening a can of worms about that subject around here :lol:

It's down to personal taste in the end, some people like em, some don't so if you want the woosh noise go for it. I've an HKS SSQV on mine, cost around €300 brand new. Second hands ones are fairly cheap or you could try ebay, some of the lads have bought theirs from there with no problems, I think there are some for sale on here but you may need a bracket to suit your model :thumbsup:

Have the hks on mine to, nice sound from them. But you will get a few opinions on whats best mate. Im sure you will pick something up from a trader on here. :thumbsup:

hks SSQV all the way :thumbsup: got mine from nengun.com :subaru:

As below the hks gives two different sounds too, one on samll turobo and one on big, also a nice nice on the change over from small too big :icon_grin:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=25160.msg297457#msg297457 date=1279662482]
hks SSQV all the way :thumbsup: got mine from nengun.com :subaru:

As below the hks gives two different sounds too, one on samll turobo and one on big, also a nice nice on the change over from small too big :icon_grin:
[/quote]

never heard a it on the change over surely if i not lettin off it wont make a sound :dontknow:

Sweetcakes explained it to me on the b4, so he may correct me if I am wrong!!. Its the pressure in the primary turbo going off and switching over to the big on and they is something also to do with having an induction kit but he can correct me if iam wrong :lol:

Great sound tho and much better noise I think when you are in the big turbo, If i see you round I will bring you out and show you, also with the hks if you bring it up to exactly 4 and let off it lets out a sort of phheewwww sound, very funny and then a big backfire after :lol: :lol:

The HKS is more of a woosh noise while the Blitz is a flutter, nice noise outta both, but i've taken the resonator box outta the legacy and have the best of both :icon_grin:

Back