Solenoid, Help please?

H

hogan69

heya lads,
my b4 hasnt been boosting properly for the past week, and think i have found the cause of the problem yesterday, was checking to see if all piping was connected properly and when i touched the pipe in the pictures it is actually broken away from that little green yoke with the male connector still in the tube, i dont have a clue what it is :ponder: but i went up to subaru garage yesterday and they said its all one piece, a solenoid?? or what the fook is it....
is this true its all one piece or can you just get that green connector thing? im not a mechanic as you may be able top see for yourself :oops:

cheers lads!!
:subaru:

Attachments

• DSCF5466.JPG
    DSCF5466.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 109
heres a pic of where the tube is coming from... if this helps!!

Attachments

• DSCF5465.JPG
    DSCF5465.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 106
Hardly worth paying dealer money to fix that. have you tried a breakers yard?

yeah i know, was going to try euro auto salvage, but, would it be worth getting a second hand part like this...?
and anybody have anymore answers....? is the solenoid... or something else??
keep the suggestions coming... any help will do

cheers lads....

Is it the boost solenoid? If so they can be quite expensive. Try a breakers and clean it out with carb cleaner before putting it on :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

i dont know if its the boost solenoid, thats why i am trying to see if anybody here knows what it is....?
subaru said it might be part of the solenoid, but wont know until tuesday when they get back to me. its just that little green plastic piece that is broken, surely they dont have to get all the parts that are connected to it.... :ponder:
if anyone has an idea of what it is it could be please let me know!!!!

thanks again!!

how ya hogan!!!
im no expert on this but i have a b4 also and im waiting on two new solenoids for mine ( 200quid each new) one of the solenoids is located over the front drivers side wheel ( under the bonnet obviously) arch inside a box with a maze of hoses inside it, i,ve already replaced one before and its not where your picture shows,the other is on the passenger side, and i believe the corerct name for it is a wastegate solenoid. If indeed the problem that you found is the only problem then its probably an easy fix, the hard part is waiting for new parts,try Eddie torrens up north he's listed in the golden pages and i've recieved stuff from him before. Sending him the pics would be a great help.If you replace that part and its still not right try replacing the solenoids with ones from a uk spec impreza. I've tried a boost solenoid from a uk spec impreza in mine and its worked fine. if you need to get one specifically for the legacy it can take a lot longer to get a part in from japland...... then again maybe its down to the efficiency of the main Sdealers! you could also ask HUZZY on the site, he has mine at the moment and would be able to give ya more info i'd assume.
best as luck with it!

cheers kevin , yea it turned it is the boost solenoid,
so gonna get a new one and throw it in myself, subaru are chargin 190 for it, robbin bastads but im gonna try a breaker and see if i can pick one up cheaper, ill let you know how i get on cheers mate!!
:thumbsup:

how ya lad!!
I collected a boost solenoid today and it cost close to 250 from a main Stealer, i know its pricey but peace of mind counts for a lot too, i already tried a used one and it didint work out too well, you may get lucky but your probably better off getting it brand new,for a better price if possible!
theres not too many second hand ones to be got anyway

:thumbsup:

yeah picked mine up yester day for 237 i think,
is awful looking at such a small thing for that price, feckin thieves!!

Back