few questoins

jackflash

Sunday Drivers
As usual im in trouble so i have a few questions if no one minds
1 took my 99 classic for a spin this evening down town running for about 20 minutes and then got a burning oil smell and noticed some light smoke coming from engine bay so raced home ,took few things apart all i can c is oil on the exhaust on the drivers side of engine.Now it seems to have oil all over the bottom of the engine.i had a look at the rocker cover gasket which seems to be sealed up with white STUFF and i have an invoice from per owner that the gaskets were changed on 12 may this year

would they be fooked already

2 As i was takin few things off i noticed BLACK OIL inside the hose that connects the tmic to the trottle body but the pipe that connects the turbo to the intercooled is dry .I dont think this is right

Could some one please give me some ideas whats happening here .i have a bad dose of itchy ratcet hand mad too hook in but dont want to go mental if there is no need

no 2 is fairly normal but you could invest in a oil catch tank to help that and there fairly cheap.

no.1 does sound like rocker cover gasket gone but if replaced its unusual that it would go that quick, have a closer look at it after washing it down and then run it to see were its coming from, it might not be the main gasket, it could be one of the bolt hole washers

cheers its a dodgy fix on the rocker gasket i think its covered in this white sealer crap worth a new set i think :icon_grin:

Back