Door Lock

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks The back door lock has stopped working when I use fob and button on car door now this only started when my wife changed the lock to child proof as we had the small one in the baby seat in the back but since then I have to lock it manualy and the other locks are fine any ideas thanks John Lewis.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=25067.msg296435#msg296435 date=1279209386]
Hi Folks The back door lock has stopped working when I use fob and button on car door now this only started when my wife changed the lock to child proof as we had the small one in the baby seat in the back but since then I have to lock it manualy and the other locks are fine any ideas thanks John Lewis.
[/quote]

not being smart or anything, but the should be child lock switch on the side of the door and obviously the button on the inside door handle you can press to manually lock it too. having just child lock on should stop it opening from inside when the kids try jump out. if this isnt the case, lock could be faulty. what alarm do you have on the car?

Sounds like the electronic door lock acuator on the lock mechanism. Its a fault i've seen before. You can replace the electronic part of the lock without replacing the entire lock mechanism.

Id say it was coinsidence that it happened after operating the child lock :thumbsup:

Back