fittin engine back on gearbox

stanley

Sunday Drivers
how do u put the realese bearing back together when fittin the engine back in.
im going at it this weekend and would like a much information as possible do u put it on the pivot befor fitting the engine ?

Sorry,
I can't help you there my friend,
Hopefully some one will be able to help you out!
Dan

2 choices, fit the bearing to pressure plate, tie the fork up out of your way, fit engine and fish the fork back down into the release bearing and push back in fork shaft....
Or i prefer to fit bearing onto the fork and onto the spiggot shaft, put shaft back in through the fork,
Fit the engine, push fork back towards bulhead, and when it comes against pressure plate , hit the fork a bang towards the bulkhead with a hammer to get bearing to clip into preesure plate

FFS turn the clutch plate the correct way around and dont forget putting release bearing in before you put engine to gearbox, as having to lift engine out agin is a bit of a bitch

Oh and think its not a bad idea in fitting a new spiggot bearing in flywheel when you have access, also make sure to check your crank seal

If engine was out would be wise to fit new front and rear crank seals and timing belt etc. And rocker cover set if budget allows. And defo a flywheel spiggot bearing. Something most don't think off.

in his introduction to da club , he said he bought a 95 wrx and after getting it the big end let go, :thumbsup:

Cool!
Sorry I missed that!!
I hope someone encouraged him to investigate and fix the cause of the failure, rather than just fitting a new motor!!
Dan

yeah ive got one on its way out from the froggy fella. cant wait im still ripping the old engine going to take my time on it tho so i can afford the better parts and uprate everything. be a little project to keep me going.
oh and my next pay check is going on membership to the club so it wont be long till i can go to meetings and stuff cant wait im happy again :multijump: :subaru:

Howdy!
I'm glad everything is going well so far,
And I'm delighted the club and it's members were helpful to you!
I would strongly consider getting her mapped, to make sure it doesn't happen again!
And she'll be flying!
Stick around man :thumbsup:
Dan

Back