Scoop and Spoiler Fitting

coolhand

Getting an RX soon. Want to get a scoop and WRX spoiler. Is there a lot of work to fit these and is there anyone who can spray and fit these resonable and do a good job anyone know?

It has the low spoiler that comes with the RX as standard but no scoop and just a normal bonnet. Dont want to cut the bonnet open so hoping to be able to stick one on or is that a non runner?

[quote author=coolhand link=topic=25043.msg296158#msg296158 date=1279102326]
It has the low spoiler that comes with the RX as standard but no scoop and just a normal bonnet. Dont want to cut the bonnet open so hoping to be able to stick one on or is that a non runner?
[/quote]

What year is the RX?

think its a hawk eye , boot spoiler is simple bolt on job but scoop isnt , the rx bonnet cant be cut so a wrx or sti bonnet is needed , i got the sti on mine and was terrible expensive , stick on jobs never look the part imo so would look for car that all ready has a scoop

Its a 08 RX. Hopefully the spoilers all line up with the standard holes. Any alternative to a scoop I can put on the bonnet?

[quote author=coolhand link=topic=25043.msg296175#msg296175 date=1279107523]
Its a 08 RX. Hopefully the spoilers all line up with the standard holes. Any alternative to a scoop I can put on the bonnet?
[/quote]

both eric and i have same boot spoiler and were straight swap no extra holes needed ,

as for the bonnett id suggest keeping an eye out for a full bonnet rather than stick on vent , could be lucky enough to find an sti for breaking with rear damage only , failing that your looking at best part of €2000 for proper sti jobbie , fitted and painted

a lad I know has a 06 RX that he stuck a bonnet scoop on. It doesn't look too bad from a distance but obviously not great when up close.

He had it done by the main dealer and one day he was driving along when the scoop flew off, hit his windscreen and up over the back of the car!! He brought it back to them and they put a bit more glue on it!!! :eek7:

Give froggy a shout he might have a bonnet there or when one comes up he could give you a bell. :thumbsup:

Ill get on to froggy for the bonnet so. Reckon ill sort the spoiler out first as seems the least hassle. what kind of money ballpark am I looking at for the WRX high one. What do they go for new?

Back