Boot release and Aerial (not very technical)

kanye west

Octane Boostaholics
My boot release from inside the car isnt working and its not canceled on the lock. Anyone know wat it could be. Didnt go routing yet. Also having problems with my radio and the guy in halfords wants to know where the aerial on the car is. Is it built into the back windscreen ? Car is 05 impreza.

I have a 02 wrx and my aerial is across the top of the back window !
The aerial looks like the demister wires but they are different length across the top of the back window.
i have seen a 01wrx bugeye with the aerial on the drivers a pillar !!!

mack

Thanks Mack. The head unit I have is a PIONEER DEHP70BT. Does anyone have one of these and is the radio crap on it ?

Attachments

• pioneer-dehp70bt.jpg
    pioneer-dehp70bt.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 94
I had a 02 1.6 with the aerial in the back window and the radio reception was brutal (even more so when you turned on the de-mister thingybob on the back window)!
Radio was a standard Subaru head unit.

That's a general problem with those aerial that are built into windows. The demisters make the signal go to muck altogether when turned on. Happened on a friends MarkV Golf also.

Having the same problem with boot.

If you look in the boot there should be a little black box on the rhs under speaker holes.This seems to be the transmitter for the ariel.I removed replaced(bit tricky) mine and reception can sometimes be a bit better. Have to look at the lock in the next few weeks and will let you know.Knowing my luck when you pull the release all windows will open.

:smokin:

Got my head unit sorted at last after about 5 trips to Halfords. Got a different guy this time and all he did was put one of them rubber aerials that are about a foot and a half long and shoved it in behind the head unit and connected it up. The radio is now perfect. Worth a try if your reception isnt the best :thumbsup:

Why did you bother Kanye,didn't think you could pick up any radio stations down there :lol: well except RTE Radio 1

Well if you go to the top of the hill and put a wire clothes hanger out the window you might pick up some English stations on a clear day :nana: You'll find out at the Rally Ireland :thumbsup:

[quote author=Dave571 link=topic=2909.msg28830#msg28830 date=1184963358]
Why did you bother Kanye,didn't think you could pick up any radio stations down there :lol: well except RTE Radio 1
[/quote]

down there??? :ponder: :ponder: surley its up here :dunno: :thumbsup:

Sure them Dubs get lost once they leave the capital. Thats why u dont 60,000 Dublin supporters at their away games :nana:

as for the boot gary , double sided sticky tape fixes almost anything

just ask my uncle the plumber :lol:

rock on rally ireland :thumbsup:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=2909.msg27593#msg27593 date=1184250916]
Thanks Mack. The head unit I have is a PIONEER DEHP70BT. Does anyone have one of these and is the radio crap on it ?
[/quote]
Hey "kanye from the west" I have the same one and had the same problem. One of the wires was not conencted right so i brought it back to the guy who installed it and the reception is fine now.  :thumbsup:

That problem only occured when you moved to Galway Anton :lol:

Have it out of the car now Anton cause im sellin the car. Will double check all the wires when I put it in my next car :thumbsup:

Back