Exhaust Resonator

scoobienoobie

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have had the experience of a fully de-cated pipe, with and without the resonator in the mid section??

I got a full 3' de-cat with mine. It was way too loud with 3' back box, so removed it and put back the 2.5' prodrive one, which helps, but its still pretty raspy on the pipe and even cruising over 100km/h.

The pipe came with the resonator cut out of it, so im thinkin of putting it back in, but wondering is it worth the hassle??
Thanks for the info!

I think milltek has pretty nice mid sections with pretty big box on it, but not too restrictive - it might be even 3inch pipe.
Probably pricey, but might sort you out (I know this pain from my own car :))
Or maybe you can get somewhere custom made for you in Dublin?

Im more wondering whether its worth cutting the mid section I have to put back in the resonator bit I have, that was cut out by previous owner.
Wondering is it worth the hassle. If it makes it quieter, i'll do it.

You could olso throw a standard center section back in! 2.5" would be compatible!!
And yes, it would be worth welding the resinator back in, even if it only makes a small difference
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25026.msg296071#msg296071 date=1279049943]
You could olso throw a standard center section back in! 2.5" would be compatible!!
And yes, it would be worth welding the resinator back in, even if it only makes a small difference
Dan
[/quote]

I'm gona re-fit the resonator if there's enough clearance in the tunnel for it.
If that doesn't work, then it'll be back to the standard 2.5' with mid cat, to quieten it.

To be honest, there doesn't seem to be much difference in poke with the standard on compared to full 3'. (its been mapped for induction kit and 3' decat before i got it)

Back