HID's for 05 Blob

Anto J

Octane Boostaholics
Hi lads/ladies,
I'm thinking of getting a set of HID lights for the full/dip lights and fogs. just wondering what I need to order as i'm not sure which kit i need H1, H2 etc I would appreciate if someone could explain. Also which is best 4300k or 6000k I understand that the higher the k value the more blue the light
thanks

well lad :smile:

I got a HID kit for my bug eye and they are good looking but they take time to warm up
so I could not get them as full head as they take to long to heat up

hope that helped a bit
not really what you wanted to know

but every bit helps :lol:

[quote author=Skips link=topic=25017.msg296087#msg296087 date=1279053738]
well lad :smile:

I got a HID kit for my bug eye and they are good looking but they take time to warm up
so I could not get them as full head as they take to long to heat up

hope that helped a bit
not really what you wanted to know

but every bit helps :lol:
[/quote]
Sound, so in other words dont change the full lights :thumbsup: thanks for that

I know the Classics are H4's
I have HID's in my wagon. (Dip and full beam) The 8000 / 10000 etc number depicts the colour of the light.

I got the 8k's as I like the contrast of the more blue against the silver of the car

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=25017.msg295891#msg295891 date=1278975022]
Hi lads/ladies,
I'm thinking of getting a set of HID lights for the full/dip lights and fogs. just wondering what I need to order as i'm not sure which kit i need H1, H2 etc I would appreciate if someone could explain. Also which is best 4300k or 6000k I understand that the higher the k value the more blue the light
thanks
[/quote]
Unless you want to invest some serious money into original/oem headlight assembly for HID (dipped only)+headlamp washers/cleaning system+automatic beam levelling control do not- you could put yourself on a serious spot. never even think about putting HID bulbs into fogs.

[quote author=Milo link=topic=25017.msg296655#msg296655 date=1279306180]
[quote author=Anto J link=topic=25017.msg295891#msg295891 date=1278975022]
Hi lads/ladies,
thanks
[/quote]
Unless you want to invest some serious money into original/oem headlight assembly for HID (dipped only)+headlamp washers/cleaning system+automatic beam levelling control do not- you could put yourself on a serious spot. never even think about putting HID bulbs into fogs.
[/quote]
Why??? you saying they dont work or are they not road legal or is the light from them rubbish????? :dontknow: :ponder:

all three... to do it right would be rather expensive (in practice you could do it if you could source salvage parts- headlights, washers, auto levelers ). regarding fogs there is a good reason why car manufacturers do not put them oem- hid's are too intense and back scatter would render them rather useles in the designated operating conditions (fog, dense snow).

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=25017.msg296670#msg296670 date=1279309429]
have hid's in my fogs :dontknow:
[/quote]

me two :dontknow:

Back