more horses from my b4 legacy please.......!

Smurf

Middle Lane Hogs
morning lads n lassies, :)

i'm looking to do a few things to increase the bhp on my b4 legacy, would like to try and get it up over the 300 bhp mark if i could without having to do any major work or spending a fortune..!! i have a hks dump valve ordered for it already and its gettin de-restricted, whats involved with these de-cat down pipes.? or what else can i do to her to squeeze a few more horses out of her.!!

slan

papa smurf

:subaru: :subaru:

www.uklegacy.com loads of info on there

you wont get over 300bhp without spending big money..dump valve will do absolutley nothing except go " pssssstt"..derestricter will remove 180 kmph speed limit but wont add any extra power..you could decat it and get a remap might see you somewhere near the original 280 but for 300 you'll need to turn the boost up which probably wouldnt be safe on our fuel from what im hearing about the detonation in b4's.. im fitting a decat down pipe and replacing the secondary downpipe.. and getting a remap on aug3rd..il get it rolling roaded after and let you know..all im expecting is to make the original factory qouted power..280..which it still probably wont!

cheers dagnut, i thought it already had 280bhp as standard..? what you reckon would be in them at the moment..?

papa smurf

probably 260 at best..but then again so would jap sti's... seen dyno sheets from guys in the uk and one guy made 294bhp on tesco 99 fuel and he was saying they make 300 in japan on 102..standard.. but subaru qouted them at 276 to keep in line with the manufactures agreement in japan to keep all cars from factory under 280ps(276bhp)..so i couldnt be sure without a dyno...when i get my mapping done we'll organise a rolling road day out maybe?, westwood or even tdp ( i know they have a bad rep on here but the have a very accurate dyno pak) ..be good chance for a meet as well..get a few b4 heads together

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2906.msg27587#msg27587 date=1184244984]
when i get my mapping done we'll organise a rolling road day out maybe?, westwood or even tdp [/quote]

Alternatively, if you become a full member of the club......come along to the ISDC subsidised RR day in November ;) :thumbsup:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2906.msg27590#msg27590 date=1184248367]
nice pimping there..
[/quote]

dat's ma job!!!!!! :D

Dont think the b4's respond to well to a remap think Andy has stopped mapping them.
Ask Damo (Renno) he will tell you more.

think that has more to do with the fuel..i hope..Bob Rawles has mapped b4's for lads on uklegacy.com and he never had any problems..i spoke to him by email and he didnt seem to think there was a particular problem with b4's..just more difficult..Im gonna get mine done with lucas so should be ok...and pat is a well respected mapper

I'm nearly certain Andy Forrest has stopped remapping B4s because of endless detonation problems withthem on our fuel even with Octane Booster. A B4 on 95 ul with no mods would struggle to put out 260 bhp as all we really have here is somewhere between 93.5ul and just under 95ul. The real figure you could expect to get would be approaching 250bhp depending on whether you've been lucky to get a better batch of fuel and of course each standard car will give a slightly different power output. Trust me its better to go in with realisitic maybe even slightly pesamistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to expect unrealistic bhp outputs and go home disappointed.

The club RR days are great fun and there's plenty of cars around to compare outputs to so you can see if your car is average, above average or below average. Its also a great way to put faces to names and get some free chocolate biscuits too!

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=2906.msg28647#msg28647 date=1184866557]
I'm nearly certain Andy Forrest has stopped remapping B4s because of endless detonation problems withthem on our fuel even with Octane Booster. A B4 on 95 ul with no mods would struggle to put out 260 bhp as all we really have here is somewhere between 93.5ul and just under 95ul. The real figure you could expect to get would be approaching 250bhp depending on whether you've been lucky to get a better batch of fuel and of course each standard car will give a slightly different power output. Trust me its better to go in with realisitic maybe even slightly pesamistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to expect unrealistic bhp outputs and go home disappointed.

The club RR days are great fun and there's plenty of cars around to compare outputs to so you can see if your car is average, above average or below average. Its also a great way to put faces to names and get some free chocolate biscuits too!

Frawls
[/quote]

Yeh the rolling road day is a great day out but thats about it. People get to carried away with the numbers. Andy stoped mapping B4's in the UK aswell IIRC.

Damo

lads also thinking or getting more power from my b4 have a few plans for things but after looking at what you have all said i am wondering if it will be worth it. thinking fmic sard fuel reg fuel pump decat centre section and secondry turbo down pipe so far. looking to get over the 300 mark am i pissing in the wind looking for that on the b4?

Back