aaaaaaaaaargh

adamshred

Sunday Drivers
Got a flat tyre and I have McGard locknuts on and my lock nut tool is broken !!

I've also lost the sheet to order a replacement tool to remove the locknuts so I'm snookered.

Anyone ever been in this situation?

used to work in a car body repair shop
I done the same thing..... ended up welding a nut to the end of it and took it off that way!!!!!

tool was banjo'd anyway so was goin to be changing the lock nut kit regardless so didnt mind damaging them!!!!

same had to be done to my car when wheel lock broke

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=25003.msg295758#msg295758 date=1278961317]
used to work in a car body repair shop
I done the same thing..... ended up welding a nut to the end of it and took it off that way!!!!!

tool was banjo'd anyway so was goin to be changing the lock nut kit regardless so didnt mind damaging them!!!!
[/quote]

Wagon dec sorted out this exact problem for me last week.
After trying about 40 different keys the next option was to hammer on a socket and open the locknuts with a rachet. worked anyway :thumbsup:

I had same problem with McGard lock key broke it and didnt have original package, so I emailed McGard in Germany and they got me to email them pics of the lock nuts design and sent me over a new key. :icon_grin:

you can just get lock not removers we use the in the garage all time i just used them on my car after buyin it 2 weeks ago then realised i had no key for the wheels

Adam has the fancy lock nuts that the heads swivel so you can't hammer a socket on!
I recommend that you get a tin of puncture repair foam out of halfords, pump it in to the tyre, and drive to a mates house with a drill and a vise grips,
Grab the swivel head, and drill right down through the middle and bigger and bigger untill it's gone!
Not easy, but I don't see how else you'll do it!
If you have no such mate near home, you can pop down to me any evening after 8 and we'll go at it!
Dan

Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone, I'm gonna attempt to send McGard an email like one user pointed out and get a replacement key, as I'd like to keep the locks in good order as I'd only have to replace them otherwise.

Dan- Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll plan B this option for a while as it'd be nice to have the locks usable! :lol: but thanks for the offer, who knows I might have to end up giving you a ring haha

I'll keep yiz posted as to how this turns out

Thanks

Adam

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=25003.msg295799#msg295799 date=1278966922]
Wagon dec sorted out this exact problem for me last week.
After trying about 40 different keys the next option was to hammer on a socket and open the locknuts with a rachet. worked anyway :thumbsup:
[/quote]

x2 done that to mine once two :thumbsup:

Got the photos sent off and all so I'm just playin the waiting game now.

When they'll arrive, I haven't a clue but it's worth the wait as far as I'm concerned the lock nuts give me a little peace of mind in my area.

I'm going out of my mind not being able to have a drive though!

I've had to delay getting my new parts put on the car etc for the simple reason that I can't move the bloody thing, anyway watch this space :ponder:

Adam

Adam,
Sorry I never thought to say before,
If it's just a puncture that has you stranded,
Then a mobile tyre lad would be able to jack up the car, find the puncture, repair it and inflate and that'll keep you on the road!
I don't beleive any of our traders do mobile puncture repair, so
Give Will a ring on 0879793164
Dan

(@ Mods, if it is against the forum advertising rules to post the mobile tyre repair lads number, then please delete and let me know! I don't see the harm as we don't have a trader offering this service)

[quote author=adamshred link=topic=25003.msg297116#msg297116 date=1279557431]
Got the photos sent off and all so I'm just playin the waiting game now.

When they'll arrive, I haven't a clue but it's worth the wait as far as I'm concerned the lock nuts give me a little peace of mind in my area.

I'm going out of my mind not being able to have a drive though!

I've had to delay getting my new parts put on the car etc for the simple reason that I can't move the bloody thing, anyway watch this space :ponder:

Adam
[/quote]
You have some patience, I'd have bits made of the thing trying to get the wheel off at this stage

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25003.msg297122#msg297122 date=1279559687]
Adam,
Sorry I never thought to say before,
If it's just a puncture that has you stranded,
Then a mobile tyre lad would be able to jack up the car, find the puncture, repair it and inflate and that'll keep you on the road!
I don't beleive any of our traders do mobile puncture repair, so
Give Will a ring on 0879793164
Dan

(@ Mods, if it is against the forum advertising rules to post the mobile tyre repair lads number, then please delete and let me know! I don't see the harm as we don't have a trader offering this service)
[/quote]

Thanks Dan! I'll see how I'm fixed for cash tomoro and if it makes more sense to just wait it out and take the wheels off and pay pittence for a plug then I might just do that!

I'm not at an awful disadvantage without the car as I live IN town anyway so I'm close to everything but god I'm losing it without the fun!

Adam

Wheyy got sorted - flat is now fixed and I'm back on the road.

A good mate of mine has a garage in walkinstown so we're gonna get her up on the ramp and do the exhaust tonight hopefully.

Happy days
:icon_grin:

Adam

well Adam did you get your exhaust on the car
and is it back on the road
colm :thumbsup:
[quote author=adamshred link=topic=25003.msg298733#msg298733 date=1280165918]
Wheyy got sorted - flat is now fixed and I'm back on the road.

A good mate of mine has a garage in walkinstown so we're gonna get her up on the ramp and do the exhaust tonight hopefully.

Happy days
:icon_grin:

Adam

[/quote]

Back