Car Sluggish To Start

derekrx

Petrolheads
Hope some one can Help Here:
Just Back after a weeks holiday - so went to go out in car for a spin :dance:
Noticed Clifford Alarm Light Not Flashing Normal / Very Faint :ponder:
Didn't seem much power even when opening car with alarm fob.
:: Before I went away Enabled Blackjax as car would be parked up for the week ::
Turned key to ON - Usual light sequence on dash- although slower than usual - BUT clifford not responding - sound like clicking noise from under steering (Fuses) :ponder2:
Anyways long story short - Put car on Jump Leads & Same light sequence again On Dash & this time Clifford accepts PIN - Car Starts as Normal !! :dance:
Brought it out for a good run to recharge "The Battery" Maybe after a week it could have died - although checked with neighbour's that alarm hadn't been going off to drain battery, & 100% no lights left on, or any other reason for loss of power :ponder:
Tried later again to start it but doesn't turn over straight away as usual ( very Sluggish) - Power seems fine (as in lights & alarms work normally ) Fuel pump also seems to be ok - can hear it whine on 2nd ignition.
Fuel level is nearly at empty but light not on - so ruling that out - :dontknow:

I'd say battery is the fault. Batteries aren't like wine, they don't get better with age.

Any car with a perfect battery and a clifford left on will only last about 2/3 weeks tops before it dies.

The car feeling sluggish could be related too, low battery power can rob you of more than 5Bhp as there's not the right amps to create a strong spark under load :thumbsup:

No bother Derek.

With the engine running the battery should be at 13.5 to 14.5 Volts, Less than that could mean a faulty alternator :thumbsup:

There's some button I press than turns the dash lights on when I'm outside of the car and watever it does the car struggles to start after. Would this be an immobiliser or the battery Phil ? It's one of the bottom buttons. I press it by mistake

Are we talking about the Clifford Remotes?

The only button that should make your ignition lights come on is the butten assigned to your turbo timer option, normally the boot button. If the Auto-Immobilisation is active when you press the boot button, you will get ignition lights but the car will not start because the alarm is powering the ignition, not the car.

If you press the boot button again the ignition lights will go off. Then turn the key to the on position and press the lock button this will disarm the immobiliser and bring on the ignition lights, the car will start now.

But at no point should it struggle. It should either start or not

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=24962.msg295433#msg295433 date=1278808022]
Are we talking about the Clifford Remotes?

The only button that should make your ignition lights come on is the butten assigned to your turbo timer option, normally the boot button. If the Auto-Immobilisation is active when you press the boot button, you will get ignition lights but the car will not start because the alarm is powering the ignition, not the car.

If you press the boot button again the ignition lights will go off. Then turn the key to the on position and press the lock button this will disarm the immobiliser and bring on the ignition lights, the car will start now.

But at no point should it struggle. It should either start or not
[/quote]

Thanks Phil I think the battery is fecked anyway :thumbsup:

No bother Gary,

If the car has been lying up then it more than likely the battery fooked :thumbsup:

Back