subaru wont rev

puddin

lads need help,put in rings into my engine,put it all back to get her and she wont rev up,it will on ly rev to 2000. car will tick over perfect, :subaru:i done compression test and checked timing all ok...any ideas..

iv heard disconneting the battery for half an hour then give her a good hard drive will set it right,
im not sure how true that is tho...

:dontknow:

I take it a hard drive is out of the question as there would be a breaking in period on the new rings he fitted Tony.

Get the fault code reset. This will turn off limp mode.

[quote author=ericRX link=topic=24954.msg295403#msg295403 date=1278798766]
I take it a hard drive is out of the question as there would be a breaking in period on the new rings he fitted Tony.

Get the fault code reset. This will turn off limp mode.
[/quote]

very valid point :lol:

just sayin what i heard,
i didnt mean go out an do it tho :icon_redface:

It should be the opposite anyway afaik... After an ecu reset, take it as handy as possible without over revving it because the ecu will have to relearn its knock levels.. The easier you drive when the ecu is relearning, the more power you get when it has relearnt its levels...

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=24954.msg295334#msg295334 date=1278776343]
iv heard disconneting the battery for half an hour then give her a good hard drive will set it right,

[/quote]

:doh: :doh: If your car is having an issue the last thing you'd advise is to drive her on as hard as possible as a tiny issue could turn into a terminal failure...!!

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=24954.msg296690#msg296690 date=1279315667]
[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=24954.msg295334#msg295334 date=1278776343]

[/quote]

:doh: :doh: If your car is having an issue the last thing you'd advise is to drive her on as hard as possible as a tiny issue could turn into a terminal failure...!!
[/quote]

i didnt advise any one on doing anything.....

all i said is thats what iv heard....

Hey man,

You can reset the ECU easy enough, under the dash (drivers side footwell side) there are 2 black connectors and two green connectors. Plug the black connectors together and the green connectors together. Turn the ignition on, press the accelerator pedal to full throttle and then bring it to half way for a few seconds. Start the car and drive for about a minute while trying to stay over 11 kph, the check engine willl start to flash at a constant rate, its reset. If not, there is still a fault present.

More info here: http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/ECUReset

It is only for classic Impreza's encase anyone is wondering :thumbsup:

Steve.

I never heard of of a scooby doing this on limp mode??? if gearbox sensor kicks up, they wont rev past 2 or 2500rpm iirc, but i think thats only when driving, not sure about reving on the spot??

Back