engine question

stanley

Sunday Drivers
my engines bearing have gone in my 95 wrx and i asked people weather to rebuild or get a seccond hand one. people on here said to rebiuld so i have started to strip the ngine down but a couple of people at work have said u can get good and bad engines and if mine is bad it'll do it again after i fix it. is this true?

how do i know if mine is a good one or not?
its a jap import i think if that means any thing
ahhhhhh
i just want to drive my bloody car again

Just uprate your parts like acl race bearings steel head gaskets and pistons and rods if you wanna go that far and it'll be a brand new engine... don't mind people in work they more then likely know nothing every job has them I have them in mine and they said the same to me and my rebuild is nearly finished... Best of luck fella hope this helps!!! :subaru:

yeah i was kinda thinkin that i mean this is a subaru page u mus know a bit about what ur talking about. its worse for me cause im a mechanic and every one who i talk to are rally drivers. where would u get the parts and what would u put in new head gaskets and bearing do u think i should change the crank? and how far do i really need to go im not looking for 400 800 or 1000 hp i just want my car to be fun to drive and relyable. ive only had it 2 weeks and it only ran for the week till it started knockin so i dont know alot about subarus yetas they aint commen in our garage

One word of warning is that they are not the simplest to rebuild, so if you have no experience off them, well thats adding some risk.
What most people do is upgrade there engine to internals from the new age Sti.
Make sure you get a new oil modine, these are 200 euro alone.
A brand new subaru block is around 2k euro, Ali burrows does a trailer in drive home rebuild of your engine for 1600 sterling which considering, he uses the newer parts, cost of things like timing belt, modine, seals, oil, plugs etc etc, taking out engine, stripping, rebuild, reasembling it, re fitting it and getting it running is very reasonable.

Back