Disc's worn

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
Had a look at my disc's the other day and there badly worn and gonna have to be changed before the track day been into halfords and they said they can supply 4 discs and apec front pads for €130 (trade card comes in handy) illl be picking them up next month as i get paid monthly and heading to england next week but they dont do rear pads, funds are fairly tight at the min so anyone know a good place to pick up rear pads fairly cheap once they stop me thats all im worried bout i cant afford really good ones unfortunately

€20 to €30 for apec or Blueprint rear pads in most motorfactors.

Cheap and cheerful :thumbsup:

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=24932.msg295129#msg295129 date=1278682499]
Maybe not so cheerful when brake fade sets in after the first lap :hammerhead:
[/quote]

Not my problem if he intends to go on track with them. Was only answering the question asked :thumbsup:

As phil was saying there cheap and cheerful but as Frawls said if you want to put them on track and give them stick might be better looking gor a cheerful set of pads.

unfortunately funds just dont allow it at the min especially with having to change all 4 discs as well im gonna be hard pushed to get them done so admitidely prob not the best for the track but all i can afford and my way of thinking is there gonna be brand new for the day only on long enough to make sure there bedded in but its my everyday car so i wont be pushing it to hard

Flush the system with Motul RBF 660 DOT4 Brake fluid, It'll buy you extra time before the fluid boils :thumbsup:

paul i have a decent set of discs here brother ill look after you on them
an a full set of front an rear ebc red stuff pads give give me a shout tomorrow brother :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=diesel tom link=topic=24932.msg295261#msg295261 date=1278717895]
paul i have a decent set of discs here brother ill look after you on them
an a full set of front an rear ebc red stuff pads give give me a shout tomorrow brother :thumbsup: :subaru:
[/quote]
Fair play lad will do :thumbsup:

Anything is better than Apec pads! They dont feel right at all, make the pedal spongy and you have to keep pressure on the pedal as the bite fades away all the time.. mine lasted 1 road day in my last car till I binned them.

I used those cheap pad and discs once for two days before I sold the car. They were find for town driving as long as you dont ask too much of them. Braking hard from high speed three or four times and fade will set in. I's say they would be all but useless after 1 full lap of Mondello's international circuit which means your track day will be severly compromised and the pads and discs afterwards will be glazed so fairly cr4p for road use too. Better to get some Mintex 1144 If you're not taking up Diesel Toms very generous offer....and fair play to him for that :clap:). They're not expensive, work well on raod and track. 1155 are too severe for road use - squeel like a stuck pig and useless when cold (town and city driving esoecially).

Frawls

I'll def be talking to tom bout it anyway if i didnt have to do the disc's as well it wouldnt be to bad but i recently lost my part time job which isnt helping matters but cheers for all advice ill definately be rethinking my options :thumbsup:

Ill be looking for Drilled and grooved discs very soon..... 290mm I think (Subaru 4 pot size)
Any suggestions???

Only going for drilled and grooved to match the rear discs

Back