standard downpipe vs sports cat

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Should you be able to pass NCT with sports cat downpipe fitted? might have found a cheap sports car downpipe that will fit mine but i will need to change flange on it to fit my turbo either use standrd downpipe flange or buy AVO cast bellmouth

I had the prodrive sports cat on my prodrive STi and she saled through the NCT. Gave the car a good few extra bhp to. Had her up to 320 with just that and the other Cat removed. :subaru:

Power wise, maybe 10 or 15 bhp at 300bhp
Changing the flange is going to be a pain in the ass!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24889.msg294622#msg294622 date=1278537845]
Power wise, maybe 10 or 15 bhp at 300bhp
Changing the flange is going to be a pain in the ass!
Dan
[/quote]

true it ill have to get it done by someone that is good at stainless steel welding. probably work out half the price of a jdm sports cat though. 1200+ shipping for HKS/ Zerosports ones!

Jaysus,
Surely decat will be cheaper!!
Even custom made!
Dan

find me a place Dan that can make me bolt on downpipe! catted or catless. without needing my car for a week!

sports cat would be handier for nct and that and provides 90% the power a decat would i'd say

I might know a lad who might know a lad!
I'll look into it tomorrow!
Dan

i was onto them before but from what i understood they only make cat back systems and replacement cats, not really any sports cats or downpipe sections, might drop out tomorrow and show them what i want

I was talking to Darren @ Souhans only a few weeks ago about differenet options and they offered both a decat downpie or sports cat if i wanted so they defo do them.

Back