Bird Crap.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Guys a bas---d of a bird sh*t on my car and I cleaned it of when washing the car but try as I might I cant get it all off it like a shadow in the paint and I can clearly see it any ideas as to how to get it out many thanks John Lewis. :thumbsup:

F**king stuff eats through lacquer... best thing to do is a wee drop of t-cut and a spray of water... then polish it out! Sweetcakes will fill you in better on best products etc... :thumbsup:

soften it up with some warm water then rub carefully as above what ever is in it it removes laquer

The bird crap contains all sorts of acid and sh!te (excuse the pun) which starts to eat away at paint/laquer as soon as it touches it.. If you get to it early then it usually doesn't do too much damage, best way is if you get a quick detailer spray from halfords etc, spray directly on the the area leave for a minute and then wipe clean with a microfibre cloth.. repeat if necessary to remove the last remnants of the sh!te..

As Jamie says, the etching is actually where the laquer has been eaten away.. it will need to be polished out to remove it.. A drop of cutting compound (T-cut, meg's scratch X, etc) and a bit of elbow grease will remove it... If you don't feel up to it, gimme a shout and I'll machine it out for you some night, should only take 10mins to do the affected area :thumbsup:

I'm on the old asbourne road (N2), about 5mins off the M50 Finglas exit towards ashbourne.. Dunno if thats any good to you?

Yeah I try to get up to Dublin once a week if I can I may be up on Sat I dunno yet as I may have to work Many Thanks John L.

I'll pm you my number anyway and I'm sure I'll be knocking about most of the time anyway :thumbsup:

Also should have said above, a good coat of wax goes a long way to protecting the paint from the bird poop as the bird poo has to eat through the wax first giving you enough time to find the poo and clean it before the paint is damaged :thumbsup:

OK Thanks but the sh*t was almost the same colour as the car so I did not spot it straight away cheers John L.

I know what you mean John, a lot of the time you may not see it for a day or 2.. The advice on a coat of wax was just a general recommendation for everyone to help protect their paint :thumbsup:

[quote author=John L. link=topic=24879.msg294407#msg294407 date=1278493463]
OK Thanks but the sh*t was almost the same colour as the car so I did not spot it straight away cheers John L.
[/quote]

The bird must have drinking Guinness!

Back