Dodgy Boost gauge

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
I have noticed since i moved my boost gauge from dash into cubby area, it isnt reacting as wuick as it used to under boost. I disconnected it when i move it and fuse went but i replaced that. All hoses and connections etc seem fine. is there anything in these mechanical gauges that can fail making them move slower? I would be off full boost even before the needle has time to get to .5 bar . :comp26:

Loose connection, hole in the pipe or its now just broke :icon_sad: .. They're the possibilities i can think of anyway...

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24870.msg294296#msg294296 date=1278447172]
Loose connection, hole in the pipe or its now just broke :icon_sad: .. They're the possibilities i can think of anyway...
[/quote]

i think i have another gauge there i can test out to rule out the piping/connectors being the issue, will try it tomorrow

Check to see if there are any kinks in the pipe somewhere or something snagging and restricting the flow.

dan did ya say it was tight goin through the wing into the cabin through that grommet? The pipe could be restricted there

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=24870.msg294339#msg294339 date=1278452861]
dan did ya say it was tight goin through the wing into the cabin through that grommet? The pipe could be restricted there
[/quote]no it was hard to get through it but was grand once fed through, was working fine for ages until i moved gauge im thinking if the fuse popped something in the gauge was damaged. was only a cheap glowshift one

Back