Will i roll the arches?

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
Theres 225s on the 18s i got, and the car is so low now i cant even stick a finger between the tyre and arch.
and its rubbing the arch so bad, its smoking when im driving it.

What will i do, i dont want to get new tyres cos that will cost money.

And im guessing that if i rise the rear a bit, itl still rub with the 225s :ponder2:

So is my only option to roll the rear arches and rise it a bit?

Not sure if the front is rubbing but probly is.

Roll them!
I did it on my skyline a while ago with a broom handle and just rolled the car back and forward with the handle jammed between the tyre and the arch!
I got a loan of a proper wheel arch roller off a generous member to roll the arches on the forester with veiw to putting my 20mm spacers that I use for my silver 18"X7.5" silver wheels,
I was trying to fit them with me wider black wheels, but the spacer didn't suit the wheels!
But I would have rolled the arches for sure!
Go for it!
Dan

Im not botherd about damaging the paint work or anything like that.
I know the very member to do it for me :wazzup:

Has anyone got pics of a classic with rolled arches?
How much would it have to be rolled.

It only costs about €50 to get them done. I 'd get them rolled.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Roll 'em,
It'll look cool, because obviously it will have a wider stance than an other car that hasn't them rolled!
I'd adjust to get some more negative camber on the front for a bit of extra clearance first!
Max adjust should only be about 1.5 - 2 deg negative, which is grand for the road!
2 19mm bolts behind the top of the front hubs, loosen, rotate top one till in as far as possible then tighten! Done! no bad side! in my years of doing it with the forester!
Dan

[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=24812.msg293700#msg293700 date=1278276385]
is it just the inside lip that has to be folded up or is it the arch itself
[/quote]

Just the inside lip I'd say.

Roll the arches...
Im gettin the arches on the wagon rolled!!!!
Get a bit lower with no additional rubbing!!!!

Wider tyres are better aswell!!!!!

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24812.msg293703#msg293703 date=1278276635]
I'd adjust to get some more negative camber on the front for a bit of extra clearance first!
Max adjust should only be about 1.5 - 2 deg negative, which is grand for the road!
2 19mm bolts behind the top of the front hubs, loosen, rotate top one till in as far as possible then tighten! Done! no bad side! in my years of doing it with the forester!
Dan
[/quote]

Subarus only have front factory camber adjustable bolts, the rears dont have any! You will have to fit whiteline camber bolts to the rear :thumbsup:

*edit for spelling*

Damn right there Phil! :thumbsup:
I meant to say it only applys to the front end! :thumbsup:
Dan

Back