1997 Legacy GT Twin Turbo Estate - White

Yogi

Petrolheads
The brother bought this a while back and has given up hope with it. There were a few minor glitches initially with sensors etc at first preventing the big turbo from kicking in. This was rectified easily enough. Then after getting it back from the garage he gave it a bit of a push coming out of a motorway toll and the big turbo let go. We got a replacement turbo 2 weeks ago (cheers Dar) and now we have been told that cylinder 1 is not holding compression.

So to cut the sob story short, the brother has had enough of the turbo Subaru route and wants to go back to something boring and straight forwards.

A compression test is being carried out this week on all 4 cylinders, so I will get back to you with the exact results for each cylinder.

Details/spec below:

1997 White Subaru Legacy GT Estate TT .
Blistein elec suspension model.
Rare manual.
Engine freshly re-built 5K ago incl new crank, main, big end bearings, new headgaskets etc etc incl fresh oil and filter etc.
Digital climate control incl air con.
Fully elec incl elec heated mirrors.
Momo airbag leather steering wheel.
Leather gearknob.
Twin elec sun roofs.
Half suede sports seats
Forge dump valve
Fully c/l alarmed/immob.

It is a really clean car and a shame that it is up for sale. Has so much potential. It is in very good condition, has a rebuilt engine (with a few problems) and the body work is in great condition.

Pics can be seen at the below link.
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=1537.0
The car has only been on the road for 4 weeks since it was purchased so it is still in absolutely the same perfect condition as you see in the pics on the link.

He plans on selling the car as is. Hoping for offers in the region of 5k, but open to sensible offers.

If interested contact me via this thread, PM or on 0863535688.

Cheers,
Graham

Results just in.

Cylinder 1: 50
Cylinder 2: 120
Cylinder 3: 120
Cylinder 4: 120

The valves were tested and they are 100%. There is a leak into the crankcase though.

Basically cylinder 1 has taken a dump. From talking to davelegacy we think it could be the piston after letting go, as he was not running octane booster at the time and pushed it on. Basically this engine more than likely only needs either a new piston ring or piston in cylinder 1. Apart from that you have a spotless car with a brand new engine.

This is a great deal for the price being asked.

The brother has just had enough and wants no more of it. The way it is is the way it'll be sold.

Sensible offers welcome.

Graham

This car is now for sale through Yogi's brother who has joined up as a forum member and will be along here soon I'm sure to add to this :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Nodge

Yup, its cheap alright. I need it gone asap as its sitting in my driveway looking at me and the funds are badly needed.

Car is worth €7k, €1600 will see it fixed and its going for €3k. Sale of the century. Do the maths :)

DaveLegacy can vouch for the condition of this car. Its seen less than 2k since i bought it off him 3 months ago.

Im not a car head like my brother and would only wreck a car like this so its better to shift it on.

Holy crap 2500 you must be losing you boll*x on it, that is unreal :shock: Great buy for someone.

try braking it get on uklegacy.com...you make more than 2500 euro for it..turbos alone will make 500 euro easy.

Yeh and lower the compression. Id imagine its high in this aswell.

If you do want the shell Damo give him a shout and ye might be able to come to an agreement. We could take some bits off to make up the money.
His missus is killing him having it on the driveway... ha ha ha...

No bother fella.... You probably know the car anyway and know what the shell is like. Has no mileage up on it since it was bought so is in the exact same condition.

Back