New Discs advice needed

PatrickBuzzin

Guys my brakes are dreadful. Fitted new red stuff pads and do-luck lines and they got worse if anything. want to get new discs now but im not sure what to go for. Should I get new front and rear or just front? Discs are good on the rear and are ok on the front.Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Patrick

No need to replace rears as they do very little braking.

If the problem has only surfaced after fitting the new pads I'd imagine either the brake lines need to be bled again or maybe the pads are just sh1te. There are alot of lads on here don't rate EBC at all but a handful also that think they're fairly decent.

Bleed the brakes again. After that then change the pads. After all of that I'd recommend Performance Friction 2 piece discs...best that money can buy for Brembo brakes :thumbsup:

No air in the lines at all bled them twice yesterday and the pads are only a month old so gonna change the front discs anyway can do no harm.

i cant see why they be bad if you have done all this,

did you get any break fluid get on the discs? and did you change all the fluid or just top up?

have you brembos or 4 pots?

my last car i changed the brakes lines but i only topped up the fuild afterwards and i think they werent the same brand either - me been lazy lol
i'd be pressing and pressing and hoping the car may stop.. flushed it all out and put nice new fuild in and brakes where back in full working order.

Flushed the system and put in new dot 4. Would the upgrade in lines and pads have just highlighted the poor discs more. The brakes were never great on the car to begin with. No fluid on the discs and there 4 pots. Will get new discs all round was onto godspeed earlier. £220 for the lot delivered for there groved discs.

Back