Boost question

deco c

Middle Lane Hogs
I picked my Type r the other day..Spec is full de-cat,walbro and remap..the car just had a rebuild a while ago..Just noticed on the Greddy boost gauge shes boosting 1.5 kg/cm2 which as far as i know is pretty much 1.5 bar..Seems a bit high..would 1.2-1.3 bar not be the norm for a car with standard turbo and stage one mods?

who mapped her?

Depends on the bhp figure and knock levels at 1.5 bar boost, it could be grand. On a standard engine though i would've thought around 1.3 would be safer but i'm not a mapper.

My 2.5 sti is running 1.35 to 1.4 bar on a standard EJ257 block and TD05 turbo :thumbsup:

Assuming version 8 block was fitted at rebuild? If so then 1.5 bar boost shouldn't be a problem for the block but might shorten the life of the turbo if its a stock turbo still in there.

I'd get the map tweaked now with the new engine. 1.5BAR does sound high. Im at 1.35BAR with my VF28.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=24764.msg293276#msg293276 date=1278081584]
I'd get the map tweaked now with the new engine. 1.5BAR does sound high. Im at 1.35BAR with my VF28.
[/quote]

I havent been driving it hard at all anyway and since i copped the boost im taking it extra handy..Il get the car into dave Sti anyway and get him to throw an eye over it and service it..

dec 1.5 is abit high for a standard vf28 epescially on a standard engine, rebuilt or not!

im not happy dec your going to be floating around my way with the same car as mine :multijump:

best of luck with it, see you around

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=24764.msg293282#msg293282 date=1278082396]

im not happy dec your going to be floating around my way with the same car as mine
[/quote]

:roll:

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=24764.msg293282#msg293282 date=1278082396]
dec 1.5 is abit high for a standard vf28 epescially on a standard engine, rebuilt or not!

im not happy dec your going to be floating around my way with the same car as mine :multijump:

best of luck with it, see you around
[/quote]

Cheers Duffman..il take it extra handy until i get her sorted..And i saw your car..Mine is a bucket of sh*t compared to yours so dont be worrying lol

Back