Nct emission fail on b4

kchawke

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads, as above failed nct on emissions but strange thing is that I did it first with a decat and failed and then did the retest with cat in but still failed and some reading were worse than when decat was in :dontknow: , here the two results

Decat in: Cat in:
Low idle: CO 1.22% Low idle: CO 1.47%
HC 219 ppm HC 142ppm

High idle: Lamda 1.03 High idle: Lamda 0.97
C0 0.55% CO 0.92%
HC 47ppm HC 71ppm

So im confused could this be my cat or the oxygen sensor even do the lamda past or just running too rich :ponder2: anyone have any idea, thanks.

Ya she mapped for 1.1 bar boost and I just used E5, passed it two years ago when it was'nt even mapped.

I know the B4 has a Cat on the downpipe going from the primary turbo.
What rev's do they run on the "High Rev Range" check?

I heard when you add octane booster it can lower your emisions :ponder:
Sorry I cant help, this is as far as my knowledge goes for this car...

[quote author=Kevinc link=topic=24755.msg293092#msg293092 date=1278014389]
3020rpm, ya sound anyway man :thumbsup:
[/quote]

So that'll mean that even on their High Rev check that it's still running from primary turbo.
I hope somebody can help you, as I will be in the same boat in two years lol.

To help it through get your hands on a bottle of diptane, any motor factors store should have it, put some of that into the tank a day or so before the test, give it a good blast up and down a motorway and she should sail through :thumbsup:

Mine was failing bad on emissions, turned out to be centre section had a blow, upper part, no visible carbon till off the car, could kind of hear it though,
Replaced centre section, Drop of diptane (i have loads there if you want some free) and emissions came back into check!
Thought it was Lamda sensor but not so!
They still failed me on small leak because i didnt replace gasket between backbox-centre section with new one!! But thats another saga! :thumbsup:

Lads when i got mine mapped i was told by the trader (from this site) never to use diputane when he seen it in my boot. Made a point of it bein bad if the cars mapped, also said new cars can loose their guarantee if using the stuff??? one of the testers in Clondalkin has a B4 we should get in touch, strike a deal for us all lol

Back