Car bogging down when cold.

Jaak

Petrolheads
Hi, me again :icon_blahblah:

I recently fitted a decat exhaust.
Since then when I start the car for the first time of the day only, as soon as I leave the parking the car boggs down, feels like the engine is being cut off.
This only happens in the low rev range, for about 100m, and then returns back to normal.
It's fine in the higher rev range (>3K)

After it happened once, it never happens again during the whole day.
Any ideas why this might be happening?

Cheers,

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=24751.msg293012#msg293012 date=1277982011]
is it a full decat from turbo back or just just decat the centre section?
[/quote]

Only the center section is decatted. The manifold and two pipes coming from turbos are stock. But from where the come into one pipe, its straight through.
I thought it might have been because there is no pressure in the pipe.
But its the same, with or without the silencer in the backbox.

Thanks

does it only happen in the mornings or when cold? ya need to give the oil time to warm up. my machine is sluggish as hell in the mornings until the oil warms up. The oil is thick before it warms up

I've underground parking. This happens anytime the car start the first time in the day.
I just resat the ECU. Normally when I drove when it happened, is when I only lightly use the accelerator.
Just now I fully depressed the accelerator when taking off. And it did not happen.

So, when lightly using the accel pedal, it happens. Only in the first 3 minutes until the car warms up.
When I take off with pedal fully depressed it doesnt happen.

At least I got a way around it.

Was there any sensors to remove, after I removed the center catalytic converter?

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=24751.msg293037#msg293037 date=1277987827]
Rule one of owning any scooby - Let it warm up a bit before even setting off!

Rgds

Paddy
[/quote]

Thanks, will do :thumbsup:
Only thing is that my neighbours complain about my exhaust :wazzup:
It doesn't help much with the boxer engine and all the echoing inside the carpark lol.

Cheers :icon_jook:

Thanks, will do :thumbsup:
Only thing is that my neighbours complain about my exhaust :wazzup:
It doesn't help much with the boxer engine and all the echoing inside the carpark lol.

Cheers :icon_jook:
[/quote]

Try having a straight through from the turbo back and a blitz nur spec r, i've made so so many friends :lol:

I wouldn't care about the neighbours! Its either listen to them nagging on or pay the €€€'s for a new engine if something gives way. I've a neighbour just like yours and its a case of letting it in one ear and straight out the other. :thumbsup:

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one :lol:
I would like to meet up with you guys and check out your cars one day :cool:

i do the same, i let it warm up until the temp gauge is at normal... what you could do is let it warm for 2mins and just drive a wee bit down the road so they cant really hear it and then let it warm up fully before you set off..

thb its not just subaru's you should be doing this with! been doing with all my cars! your engine will thank you for it LOL

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=24751.msg293051#msg293051 date=1277990995]
i do the same, i let it warm up until the temp gauge is at normal... what you could do is let it warm for 2mins and just drive a wee bit down the road so they cant really hear it and then let it warm up fully before you set off..

thb its not just subaru's you should be doing this with! been doing with all my cars! your engine will thank you for it LOL
[/quote]

I agree. All cars should be treated like this.
I always did this with all my cars.

It's only in the garage which people complain (echo's, pictures vibrating off walls etc...)
So I try to get out as soon as possible lol.

Thanks for the words guys.

Also I'll save up some fuel money and become a full member :thumbsup:

Back