Boost hose replacement on B4

B4 soon

Petrolheads
Has anyone here replaced their boost pipework with new silicone pipes-solenoid box and all? I've been doing some reading on uk legacy and it seems to be doing wonders for the lads on there.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24747.msg292973#msg292973 date=1277942543]
What wonders are they claiming it has been doing for them?
[/quote]
cant see it makin any diff
unless they went for a 3 port

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=24747.msg292970#msg292970 date=1277941503]
Has anyone here replaced their boost pipework with new silicone pipes-solenoid box and all? I've been doing some reading on uk legacy and it seems to be doing wonders for the lads on there.
[/quote]

Are you on about the refurbed solenoid box that comes up quite a bit on there? Been reading bout that meself.

Yeah peadar thats the one. Apparently some of the boost pipework,filters and solenoids can gather loads of crap over the years and rather than cleaning them alone the lads are replacing all rubber pipes with silicone. Feedback is fairly unanimous on it-cars pulling much smoother,lost power restores and even code 66's cured.

I was reading about it there the other night, i'd be interested. Would the car require a map afterwards or would it be ok because its only replacing the old box?

Its only bringing the car back to what it should be so i'd imagine no need for map. I'm gonna get some hose anyway and do it when im servicing next week.

If you'll all hold off til next week-i'll use my car as the guinea pig and we'll see how that goes.

I was reading the same thread on Uklegacy as Im experiencing the same problem with code 66 and was planing to clean the pipes on the solenoid box but then Im thinking better off just to replace them. B4 r u dealing with this fellow nutbeam? How much he charged u for delivery?

Not dealing with anyone no-seems to be a simple mater of replacing the original rubber pipework with the same diameter silicone pipes and cleaning the solenoids and filters-gonna be doing it myself.

Finally got to this tonight. All done now but I cant get photobucket to work for me. Going for a test drive shortly,will post again after.

Just back from a 50km test drive and its a massive success. Boost builds faster and smoother,holds boost better and reduced VOD. Its really sharpened up the cars performance and made it much more driveable.
Before:
001-9.jpg

After:
006-7.jpg

Great job man. Seriously considering this myself after reading about it on UKLegacy. Were did you pick up the silicone and about how much did you need? :thumbsup:

I just cleaned them makes a big difference alright some amount of gack builds up..If i was doing it it might be an idea to label them?

is the solinoid box hard to take off, i have loads of yellow silicone hose i use for my work so going to use that. If anyone wants cheap yellow piping go to www.surecleansystems.com its a window cleaning site but has yellow hose cheap. Its 5mm and 20 metres of it for £7.64

The box is easy to take off,4 bolts and wiring loom to plug out. And one boost pipe that goes to the wing. I used 4mm hose as thats the standard diameter. @dagnut-I didnt label them as I took loads of before and after pics in case I got one hose wrong. And I did them strictly one by one so no confusion.

@Mark Cahill-I ordered the hose from Ebay. 6m but I also did some of the engine bay pipework. You'll need 3m+ for the solenoid box alone. Cost me £7.99!

Back