forged engine fitted, problem

gretts

Petrolheads
reason i bought the forged engine was i thought the rings were gone in my wrx engine so this engine came up and thought would be less hassle den getting the rings done,
but anyway the engine is running fine although its still smokey so i'm thinking 3 things

1. oil in the exhaust burning from the other engine rings gone,

2. turbo seal,

3. possibly wants to be mapped due to these changes engine,induction kit, fmic, well it will need mapping but want to try n sort out the smoking issue first,

any ideas ?

Have you got access to another turbo you could try on it?
Maybe that would rule out the turbo problems.......

How long has it run for and how much smoke is there belting out of it? Maybe as you say, oil burning off!!!
Have you checked the oil level in the engine? is it overfull?
I'd say its something simple and just needs a bit of work, Did you check your front mount for oil in the pipes? Maybe that is another issue??

could be,
process of elimination gonna change exhaust first to see if the oil in the exhaust is the problem if its still smokey when i put the standard one back on it must be turbo,
so i'll change turbo and see..

fucking cars

What colour is the smoke? If its a blueish colour its more than likely your turbo.

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=24731.msg292818#msg292818 date=1277910957]
What colour is the smoke? If its a blueish colour its more than likely your turbo.
[/quote]

ye blue smoke,

I'd say its your turbo that's gone man, happened to my old WRX :thumbsup:

b4 i changed the engine it was boosting fine now its down on power so putting this down to needing a new map,

i'll know more when i eliminate the burning oil in the exhaust when i change the exhaust

Had blue smoke with the old engine though, new engine, same turbo, still has blue smoke. I think its the turbo, just trying to help using my experience Neil :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24731.msg292839#msg292839 date=1277916911]
is there any play on turbo shaft?
[/quote]

no ken no play in shaft and turbo was dry inside

took the de-cat exhaust off definitly a layer of oil inside it,
the inside of the turbo is bone dry and no play,
so i'll stick the standard exhaust back on in the morning and see how it is hopefully its ok otherwise its going over to the corner and stayin there till the new year out of funds n out of patience :icon_cry:

Some forged engines use a bit of oil, could be a numerous reasons why. Maybe the clearances are not right?? best thing is to check the compression first and go from there

stuck the standard exhaust on today and it's still throwing oil out the exhaust,

so have the turbo off and i'm waiting to get an oil feed pipe cos my original one was modified to fit the bigger turbo,

when i get that i can fit a turbo i got off a mate and hopefully that will sort it,

@ hiwd looks like you where right saying the turbo...

Hopefully you've found the problem now man, I'd say your head has been wrecked! :wall:

Back