ecuExplorer

C

calvinc

hi all, one of your members posted on SOCSA (Subaru Owners Club South Africa), thought i'd check out your forum and make a post about ecuExplorer. free diagnostic and flashing software for MY99 -> MY05 GT/WRX/STI. you can get it from my website http://tari.co.za/software/software_ecuexplorer.html. not sure if you know about it already. searched for references but nothing came up. had over 17000 downloads to-date. unfortunately i'm not developing it anymore but i'm certain it would be of use to many members.

calvin.

how does it work, do you use a laptop to run it or wat, how do ou connect to the car

John read his link all the info is there :D
But yes you download software to laptop.
Buy a cable that will allow you to connect to a serial port on one end
and to a USB connection on the other. Now i don't think there is such a cable, you need to buy
a connector maybe some of the computer lads will help you there.

OBD Cable Support
ecuExplorer supports a wide range of OBD cables and Serial to USB convertors. As long as the cable is ISO9141 compliant it will work for real-time diagnostics. To use the ecuFlash module your cable must have the required flash voltage across the correct pin. ecuExplorer was developed using OpenPort cable from Tactrix Inc. I have developed and tested with versions 1.0 and 1.2 and they support all ecuExplorer functionality.

Niall.

[quote author=johnroake link=topic=2865.msg27443#msg27443 date=1184155318]
how does it work, do you use a laptop to run it or what, how do ou connect to the car
[/quote]laptop + obd cable + software + subaru = free diagnostics and flashing. just like deltadash from ecutek except mine is free and you can reflash.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2865.msg27475#msg27475 date=1184171015]
John read his link all the info is there :D
But yes you download software to laptop.
Buy a cable that will allow you to connect to a serial port on one end
and to a USB connection on the other. Now i don't think there is such a cable, you need to buy
a connector maybe some of the computer lads will help you there.

OBD Cable Support
ecuExplorer supports a wide range of OBD cables and Serial to USB convertors. As long as the cable is ISO9141 compliant it will work for real-time diagnostics. To use the ecuFlash module your cable must have the required flash voltage across the correct pin. ecuExplorer was developed using OpenPort cable from Tactrix Inc. I have developed and tested with versions 1.0 and 1.2 and they support all ecuExplorer functionality.

Niall.
[/quote]standard obd cables seem to work fine for just the diagnostics but like is mentioned above, if you want the full bag of tricks you're gonna need to modify your standard obd cable or buy 1 from tactrix. when buying from tactrix get educated in their software drivers first. that has been the biggest headache for new users.

enjoy.
calvin.

Back