Service time, suggestions please?

Big_Red

Middle Lane Hogs
Alright lads, I am going to service my car but I want decent parts for my car and not crap! What would people recommend for oil filters? Original Subaru or aftermarket? I will be using Mobil 1 15w50, this is good enough I hear, hope it's right! Also, what kind of brake pads? I would be looking for good brake pads as I have always thought that good brakes are essential to a car with a bit of poke :tongue:

And finally what about leads and plugs for her?

Any suggestions are appreciated and also the cheapest place to get them :dance:

Definately use Subaru filter, only about €10 from main dealer. And don't forget the sump ring.

If your near carrol and roche there doing a deal on service kit's, i got mine last week, oil filter, air filter, mobil oil and sump washer. Good price to.

Cheers lads, I will head up there then. Do you mind me asking how much it cost? I won't need oil as I have that already buy if I have to get the whole lot then I don't mind.

You won't need the oil just tell noel, you have it and im sure he will sort ya out, i didn't need the air filter so he knocked that and the 15% full membership discount off. Pay's to be a full member pal, but you should be okay. :thumbsup:

Aw sweet, well all that I need is the oil filter and sump washer so I will ring first thing in the morning to check if he has them in stock. Also, I may as well ask him about spark plugs. Will I need new leads? I think it may be best to get them as it is a new car for me and I don't know when they were last changed.....what do ye think?

Any ideas on what brake pads? I would be looking for something very good but won't take a while to work. Ferodo sound goo but are quite pricey I heard, any ideas?

Thanks for the help lads, loving the site :thumbsup:

You havent posted what model you have, but for Cassics, NGK PFR6B are standard plug or most on here use a step better plug which is NGK PFR7B.. car might be a little lumpier on a cold start, but not much. Im not sure on the newer models, think they are on Iridium plugs.
If you are not having spark problems i wouldnt waste my money on plug leads, spend it on a Walbro pump and new petrol filter.
If your car is for road use, then Subaru pads are what i would put on it, maybe Ferodo if they work out cheaper.

Sorry KenC, it's a 1999 Irish Subaru impreza turbo! It has had a good few mods that have upped the bhp, I reckon so because I drove a 220bhp and it was nowhere near the power of mine! It is apparently 280 bhp approx which feels right! I think I will go for the PFR7B's anyway since they seem pretty good!

The Subaru pads are pretty good are they?

Back