Apexi Power FC (Different Editions)

Big_Red

Middle Lane Hogs
I was thinking of getting an Apexi Power FC for my 99 Impreza, but the problem is that the wiring is different for the Irish car as to the Jap imports. Apparently the Irish cars have immobilisers on them and the Japs don't. So does anybody know how to distinguish the difference between them for when I do find one?

If anybody knows of anyone selling one second hand then that would be great also. I know this bit should be in the for sale part but I mainly want to find the difference between the Irish and Jap cars.

Pretty sure once you change the ECU the Immobilizer is not needed anymore so your car will start no bother. Keith555 has a simtek in his UK spec Impreza and the Immobilizer is not used anymore. Because I bought it off him :icon_grin:

Oh really? Well I just heard that it is possible to bypass the immobilizer so I guess I will just have to do that! Cheers for that 'hiwd', at least I know I won't be too limited :subaru:

why dont you ecutek your car instead of a power fc, then you dont have to have the power fc on the dash

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=24662.msg292365#msg292365 date=1277734924]
why dont you ecutek your car instead of a power fc, then you dont have to have the power fc on the dash
[/quote]

You can run a power fc without using the hand commander. You just unplug the commander and its like any other ecu then.

But johnny is right, why bother buying an ecu when you can remap your current one?

I have just heard so many great things about the apexi power fc.....how much would a remap cost on my ecu at the moment? As far as I am aware it is stock ecu, I will check later on today though just to be sure!!

Also, what is this ecutek? :ponder2:

EcuTek is a remap of your factory ECU. Cost about 800/900euro for first mapping as you have to buy a license for the software. Subsequent remaps are a lot cheaper.

Dont bother with the Power FC as your factory ECU is mappable.

Back