Warning Light?? WHICH one is it??

A

alan c

Hi all,
Hope some one can help me with this.As my car is a jap import it didnt have any Manual with it. I have a 97 WRX. Yesterday as i was driving home a light came up in the dash. The only way i can discribe it is when you just turn on the ignition, its the Red light to the right of the Yellow anti lock Brakes light.
Thanks,
Alan C.

Hi all,
From my last post i have been told that the red light is the warning light for the catalytic converter!! As i have put on a magnex exhaust system with the cat out,why would this light appear when i would be driving along.Could it be the sensor?? Anyone?? Its a JDM MY97 WRX.
Thanks,
Alan C.

Hey Alan C, there is a heat sensor attached to the
bottom of the Uppie pipe (or center section :ponder:) that would of been disconected
to fit new exhaust. That's the fault the ECU is picking Up.

You can ignore it or Get someone to re-wire the connection,
When getting my car re-mapped i got Andy F to turn that sensor off.

Niall.

You need to get a 2.2K ohm resistor and create a loop or U bend so it fools the egt into thinking nothing is wrong. It will solve the problem but wont cause any other. Id still get it checked regards boost etc considering the decat is fitted. The Denso ECU in the newage is alot better and will correct and adjuxt for the likes of panel filters or back boxes but a decat downpipe can be a little to much sometimes without a map. Worth checking anyway.

Damo

I think I have some resistors in my car and could send one down to you if you like ?, You have to pay for the stamp though :D

Back