idling problem

Gunner sti

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys i have a version 5 sti. its having idling problems. When idling at times d car ranges from 1300 revs down to near stalling but after approx 30 secs its levels itself out. I have taken off idle meter and cleaned it completly and prob still persists. car is driving perfectly wit no loss of power or anything like tat. I have been told tat my Maf sensor cud be faulty but how do i no for sure this is d prob??? I unplugged it when car was idling and d car did not cut out, same person also told me car should cut out when u disconnect the maf wen car is running. is this true??? any help greatly appreciated!!! Thanks. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

The car should cut out alright, More than likely the MAF :thumbsup:

Gunner

Where ya from? Maybe if you were local to one of the lads they might test their maf on your car and rule that out as the issue???

I'm in Dunboyne, but do be always in Batterstown, not too far from trim. I've a version 4 Impreza, if my MAF will fit your more than welcome to try it :thumbsup:

Thanks a mill for the offer hammie :thumbsup: !! Pity tat wont wrk. The car showed up no faults on the diagnostics test!!! Im gonna try a maf in it and see will tat work. fingers crossed. Cheers 4 the input lads. Would the maf from a 99 wrx be the same as my sti????

[quote author=Gunner sti link=topic=24616.msg292161#msg292161 date=1277655533]
Thanks a mill for the offer hammie :thumbsup: !! Pity tat wont wrk. The car showed up no faults on the diagnostics test!!! Im gonna try a maf in it and see will tat work. fingers crossed. Cheers 4 the input lads. Would the maf from a 99 wrx be the same as my sti????
[/quote]

98/99 V5 or 00/01 V6 classic impreza would be the one you need :thumbsup:

John (Froggy23) in Subaru Salvage would have one there
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?board=84.0

Have standard bov back in. prob still persists. but i put a new fujitsibu cat back exhaust on it d other day (standard exhaust was on it beforehand) and prob not as bad as it was before. Does not hunt as often as it did and not 4 as long....... Any idea's???

Back