Checkengine light helpp!

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey folks

driving up a hill tonight in 3rd gear in my MY94 WRX Import, and the car felt wrong, wasnt pulling clean so i left off and looked down to see the check engine light on, didnt go off till about 12 mins later, drove back up same hill in 3rd and it came on again,no hesitation that i could feel,

Checked the engine code thingy and got 22 and 23 Knock sensor and air flow sensor, also got 52 dunno what this is...

Any ideas what could be causing this,it also came on for no apparent reason later this evening under no load.

Any help appreciated, have never done an ecu check before so dont know how old these codes are??

Cheers Folks
Eoin

Update

Right lads,

I have done an ecu reset and it shows 22, 24 knock sensor and idle air control solenoid.
I have put in 1 and half bottles of octane booster as I filled it yesterday and put none in.

Its hunting through the rev range and the check engine light keeps comming on.

Any help please.

If it's hunting through the revs it sounds like it's the MAF sensor....

Do a search for MAF in the search bar and you'll have all the info you need :thumbsup:

Alan.

Right here is the story now, I did an ecu reset, and it shows a fault with the knock sensor, now i didnt put octane booster into the car when i filled it the day this happened, I have put some in since, but a mate of mine said there was a rattle in the exhaust, got onto my subaru mechanic, and he said it could be bad petrol or the fact that i didnt put octane in,

then he asked was the exhaust rattling, i said yes and he reckons the cat is knackered!
This then made me think back to yesterday morning and i got a smell of petrol while driving the car to the mechanics.

Does this sound right?? Would the cat be fubarred!!
Would this cause my symptoms.

Cheers

Back