engine question

jackflash

Sunday Drivers
ok starting to bring my 99 wrx back to its former glory but was wonderin if i missing doin something
i got timing belt changed ,fuel filter oil and filter, brake pads, coolent, but was wonderin is there any way i could check if the engine is running good like timing or something . i have to do all the work my self coz i live in the a@#e hole of no where

would like some info on what i could check replace or clean that would make it run more smooth i know its a boxer engine but its a bit hesitant at low speed

any ideas at all would be great

cheers :653:

No mention of changing spark plugs there.

If you've done the timing belt yourself then you should know the valve timing is correct once the timing marks line up, Ignition timing is electronicaly controlled and can't be adjusted mechanically. If the car has been lying up for a long period of time the idle control valve could need to be cleaned or replaced. Without symptoms of how it drives its hard to guess what she might need.

ok i got a garage to do the belt for me, i have a reciept from the previous owner for the spark plugs done only few weeks ago changed the pod filter too just thought there might be a few little tricks u guys do to keep an eye on things
my local garage is 4 hours away thats whyi have to do some stuff my self

australia is a big place

if the car hasnt moved in a while, drane the fuel out and put fresh petrol in

Back