Boost Controller

sti 9029

Petrolheads
Hi everyone,I have a manual boost controller in my car(see picture) and it holds boost well,my question is would this be a good enough boost controller to stop boost spikes if i got a decat pipe?
thanks
23062010803.jpg

The manual type boost controller is very basic and once set does not adjust itself like an electronic one.

I would recommend an Apexi AVCR which can adjust the solenoid hundreds of times per second. It can also be set to control boost in different gears at different revs to reduce boost spikes and boost drop off :thumbsup:

A manual boost controller wouldnt give enough protection from Spikes as there is no auto adjust on them!!!

Electronic yokes (like the AVCR) would (once properly setup) give alot more accurate protection. But having the car remapped would ultimately be the way to go!

I'll have a GReddy Boost Controller for sale next week if your interested with a 3 port :icon_grin:

money is the biggest problem here lads,as was the case when i bought the manual one,,it holds boost fine at the moment and is adjustable at the know you see in the picture??also any idea the price of a decat for my car?

Back