Ordering exhaust ASAP - 22-6-10 - doing a final proof check HELP!

adamshred

Sunday Drivers
Hey lads the time has finally come to start some modding :tongue: I'm gonna order the afterburner vortex fully decatted from scoobyworld (yes I know its loud!)

It's a MY00 2L Forester S/tb STI .. I know all the Impreza stuff from the same year fits bar the back box (needs modification) but I've found the proper Forester back box so it's just the rest I'm concerned about.

Anyway here's what I've got down so far and I just want to make sure that this will all line up and measure up to the correct length etc.

Backbox
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_55&products_id=391

Decat downpipe
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=441

Decat centre section
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_52&products_id=77

I'll be getting this without the performance bubble silencer.

Has anyone got any suggestions/recommendations to make before I hit the order button?

Thanks a lot lads hope to hear from you!

Great system, i have stuck a few of them on Impreza's down the years, they are made for Scoobyworld by Hayward & Scott.
They are very loud and it might be an idea to get a bung for those long journeys or your ear drums will explode and ring like
mad...

are you off your head

560 sterling + vat+ shipping = a fooking lot of money for an exhaust.

buy second hand full system or new for half that.

Ah man I have my heart set on the exhaust that I posted , been looking at the Hayward and Scott one for a while too but I've sided with the vortex for some reason . . I think the price works out almost identical too.

I'm almost certain that the list that I linked fits perfectly anyway hmm I'm just not 100% sure

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=24532.msg290969#msg290969 date=1277244473]
The hangers on the Impreza exhaust are different to the Forester.
[/quote]

I thought that was just for the backbox though? The backbox that I linked is forester specific (its around 3 inches longer) thats the only part of the system that's different AFAIK

its your money man and if it makes you happy its worth it

but i wouldnt pay 800 euro for an exhaust, i only payed 1300 euro for a full impreza turbo that had an exhaust on it

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=24532.msg290958#msg290958 date=1277243962]
are you off your head

560 sterling + vat+ shipping = a fooking lot of money for an exhaust.

buy second hand full system or new for half that.
[/quote]

Agreed. With VAT and Shipping and conversion to euro you are looking at almost €900 for an exhaust system!

[quote author=adamshred link=topic=24532.msg290970#msg290970 date=1277244580]
[quote author=Scruff link=topic=24532.msg290969#msg290969 date=1277244473]
The hangers on the Impreza exhaust are different to the Forester.
[/quote]

I thought that was just for the backbox though? The backbox that I linked is forester specific (its around 3 inches longer) thats the only part of the system that's different AFAIK
[/quote]

Ah I see, it should be ok then. Don't mind Duffman, he's probably drunk since lunchtime.

It's not gonna be easy to find what I'm looking for second hand though I'd imagine? Surely either way I'm gonna have to buy the back box at least?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah Dont mind him mate, get the exhaust... he is just jealous because his missus took his car off him..

[quote author=adamshred link=topic=24532.msg290976#msg290976 date=1277244813]
It's not gonna be easy to find what I'm looking for second hand though I'd imagine? Surely either way I'm gonna have to buy the back box at least?
[/quote]

I sold my Forester H&S full system a few weeks ago for 250. You never know one might turn up.

I mean I'm working 54 hours a week at the moment for summer, have no fixed outgoings whatsoever aside from petrol and the obvious tax and insurance , so all this considered, is it completely ridiculous to spend this money on this exhaust, even though it will bring great satisfaction :icon_grin:

The object isn't really the money, for the simple reason that I'm pretty much working for the sole purpose of putting some funds into the car, so what do you all think? And back to the original question, does anyone know IF it will fit? haha

[quote author=adamshred link=topic=24532.msg290981#msg290981 date=1277245192]
I mean I'm working 54 hours a week at the moment for summer, have no fixed outgoings whatsoever aside from petrol and the obvious tax and insurance , so all this considered, is it completely ridiculous to spend this money on this exhaust, even though it will bring great satisfaction :icon_grin:

The object isn't really the money, for the simple reason that I'm pretty much working for the sole purpose of putting some funds into the car, so what do you all think? And back to the original question, does anyone know IF it will fit? haha
[/quote]

Ring Scoobyworld or Hayward & Scott they will tell you straight away.

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=24532.msg290983#msg290983 date=1277245234]
Stick to the backbox for the moment, you might pick up a centre section 2nd hand.
[/quote]

Ok thanks for the advice. I want a more raw sound than what I've got at the moment. The setup I have now is loud enough but has quite a "muffled" sound. I want it slightly raspier to let more of the rumble out :smokin:

Back