sent my car off to get a new engine

is it the intake manifold or exhaust manifold?

did he not say why he had to change it?

I thought they were all interchangable?
Maybe the manifold cracked or something?
Dan

I know it's your da's mate's mate!! But It could just be an excuse to add a few quid onto the bill!

If you have another questions, fire away, I'm sure someone will be able to help!
Dan :thumbsup:

It sounds to me like its not a like for like engine replacement!!!!

Find out what engine is being put in and maybe that will help to explain whats happening and why its needin changed

I would definitely be asking questions about exactly what was done to the car, dad's mates mate or not.

Exhaust manifolds are all the same, inlet manifolds have different bolt holes on V1-V4 and V5/V6. But that said V1-V4 heads wont work in a V5/V6 car as the wiring loom is different so that doesn't explain that one.

I'm a bit confused about this one :ponder:

suppose it depends did he buy a complete engine or a longblock,or maybe there was aftermarket headers on it,
i sold a few engines and took the equall length headers and other bits of extras as the buyer wished to keep cost down,car could have been damaged either as i often seen the front part of manifold damaged from roundabouts jumping out of nowhere

[quote author=froggy23 link=topic=24517.msg291126#msg291126 date=1277303028]
from roundabouts jumping out of nowhere
[/quote]

I do hate when that happens! :lol:
Dan

Glad it worked out for you!
Good advice about the E5,
Dan

Glad you got sorted, nothing worse than not knowing what someone is doing to your car.

You should get mapped now aswell just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

I suppose the safest thing to do is get her mapped,
get a few mods done to make it worth your while, ie. newage sti turbo and injectors and newage wrx intercooler then remap!
Untill then, a third of a bottle on NF per tank of E5 will get het near enough to jap spec fuel so you can drive and rev her on and enjoy her!
Dan

Back