Tracking Question

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
I have question to do with tracking . It on my Berlingo van. I recently got two new tryres on the back so I said to get guy putting them on to check the tracking as I never got it tracked plus after 20k on tyres would wear ever so slighly on the inside. Nothing major.
Anyway he checked the trackin g andsaid it was out a bit. He had a serious job opening the tracking nut on the drivers side anyway tracked it and a week later after 600 odd miles the insdie of the drivers tyre was competely worn and the passinger onw was fine. Need less to say I rang an told him what happened he said he'd check it again so in the mean time I got it the tracking checked elsewhere with a fancy one in Adavnce pit stop.
They said the tracking was spot on. went back to original place checked tracking and he said it was ok but he said the only thing he could do was track it from the other side(I don't know what that is) I have 1300-1500 miles done on it since and now the inside is stilll wearing but not as quick. The driver side has got a new ball joint ages ago so it s not that. All was fine till I got it tracked. Would anyone know what the problem could be as there is no play in anything on that side
thanks

Not being smart but are you maybe entering a lot of roundabouts at high speed?That would be one reason i guess or a long shot could be a bent track control arm.I am open to correction on this though. :dontknow:

[quote author=gonzogicker link=topic=24508.msg290719#msg290719 date=1277191607]
Not being smart but are you maybe entering a lot of roundabouts at high speed?That would be one reason i guess or a long shot could be a bent track control arm.I am open to correction on this though. :dontknow:
[/quote]

:lol: No don't even drive the car fast around roundabouts never mind the van.. Plus we don't have too many roundabouts in Roscommon :lol:. could the track control arm have been bent when trying to open nut when tracking

Try the joint on the inner end of the track rod and also the rear bushes on the wishbone
as they both go on the partner and the berlingo is the same van.....

sounds like the cambers need adjusting...if ur around dublin ye can get them done in blakes cross only takes 20 mins...id reckon thats all it is :thumbsup:

[quote author=garrethk link=topic=24508.msg290911#msg290911 date=1277239397]
sounds like the cambers need adjusting...if ur around dublin ye can get them done in blakes cross only takes 20 mins...id reckon thats all it is :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Would a tracking machine not pick that up or how does it work. How do you adjust the camber

[quote author=garrethk link=topic=24508.msg290968#msg290968 date=1277244465]
no tracking gauges wouldnt pick up on that you need a seperate gauge for camber castor and kpi :thumbsup:
[/quote]

might be best bring it to a citroen dealer so to get that done.. they raped me the last time I went to them on labour charges for a very small job.. Thanks for your help man

no probs mate best of luck with it...no need to go to a dealer its only about 80 euro all in have a look around your area for a place that does it :thumbsup:

Back