my alloy is scraping off my caliper

skips

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
well lad's :smile:

I took off my front diver wheel and the caliper is all scraped and the inside alloy is all marked from were the caliper was rubbing against :new_puppy_dog_eyes:
before you ask It is all standard stuff that is on the car

any idea's :thumbsup:

thank's :thumbsup:

would it be were someone had put a weight on the wheel for balanceing as it shouldnt be beon the front if everything is standard

A mate of mine had the same problem on a dc5 and again running a standard wheel/brake set up.

There was no sign of the wheel rubbing tho so he reckons a stone got caught between the calliper and wheel at some stage and caused the damage, he has since got the calliper repainted and no signs of scraping since :thumbsup:

This probably won't be the case but better off trying everything, have you change pads recently? If so not saying you have could 1 of the pins that hold the caliper in place have came off or bein left off man? Happened me before on the celica. Caliper start swinging and naturaly the inside of the rim got scraped and caliper got some marks. But caught it soon enough socaused no more. Just a suggestion pal. Check the caliper pins. :thumbsup:

wel lad's :smile:

It does not sound like it is any of them.Don't know what to do :dontknow:
But thank's for all the help I will let you know what happen when I put the tyer back on

thank's again keep it coming :thumbsup:

could you take a pic of were the marks are and show us, so we might have a better idea?

I know when dave fitted my Big Porche 6 pot brake kit, (that I confirmed would fit under my standard 18" sti wheels before purchasing them)
When the front wheels were put back on, and the car was brought for a test drive, the lead wheel balancers took lumps out of the top edges of the caliper!
Dan

Back