Rev drop.

E

ericsti

Think I might have talked to soon. I have a problem in four gear as she it's the turbo she revs fine to about 4500-5000 revs the revs drop of then by about 500 and then pick back up. any ideas lads. Talk to the lad I bought it of just there and he said just to find out what's up and he'll fix it! any info:

Thanks mate! It's getting worse so I think it is.

Generally with clutch slip the revs hit the roof when changing gear (as if in neutral) as you let off the accelerator the gear engages and you can then take off, that will happen with most gears, but third and fourth were most problematic when I had it.

Yeah eric when i got mine in from Japan my clutch was fecked also. It actaually decided to die in the toll booth of the m50 in rush hour.

the exact same thing happened to me today, fourth gear just past 3,500  the revs shoot up to 5000 and then drop down to 2,000....brought the car to a mechanic mate of mine and he gave me the bad news straight away.... :wall: :wall: new clucth needed....

Yeah, i would put the foot down and the revs would fly up and wouldnt b moving, then they would drop and the engine would catch up with its self.

Got it checked it's the clutch alright. €1,500 for the job to be done. A mate of mine is going to see if he can get the part cheaper and do the job for me.

Replacing don't know if it had a skim job before so start fresh myself, Everything new!

thats mad money eric for a clutch,do you know how much it is for the clutch alone?

Item number: 250139572681

hi eric try this item on ebay.co.uk

e1500 for a clutch? Does the gearbox come with that? A clutch kit for an impreza cant be that expensive surely? You'd be looking at 2-3hours labour from what I can remember from where I used to work

Well heres what it cost me from a Subaru dealer.

Flywheel - e335.35
Clutch Disc - e177.61
Clutch Cover - e130.52
Bearing Clutch - e113.19

Work cost e650

I did have my timing belts, halfshaft and gear box seals replaced at the same time and i did get 10% off everything and the lads in the shop repaired it has a nickser. So happy days.

:thumbsup:

And surely its a lot more than 2/3 hours work because i thought they had to drop the engine and remove the gear box to replace the clutch ?

Eric that seems extreme for a clutch and fitting. I think you should hold off on that price ?

Got that one of E-bay johnny5 €271 delivered and all. 555scooby is getting one of his mate to do the job as I cann't get dave lewis but then who can! :lol: Lads I owe you a drink for that! :guinness: :thumbsup:

Back