squicking from front wheel

skips

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
hi lad's :smile:

I have a bad squicking coming from the front wheels. I think it mite be my front dics.Mite need new one's :ponder2:
It is very bad when I turn right or left.did any one ever have the same prob.I drive a 2005 sti if that is any help

thanks lad's :thumbsup: :subaru:

dont think its the wheel bearing.....it wouldnt get worse from turning and it wouldnt be a squeeking noise.......more a whining noise

could be one of the belts slipping....

If it was the disc would you not feel a vibration in the brake pedal?

[quote author=scoobyjoe link=topic=24451.msg290095#msg290095 date=1277021582]
dont think its the wheel bearing.....it wouldnt get worse from turning and it wouldnt be a squeeking noise.......more a whining noise

could be one of the belts slipping....
[/quote]

iv had two bearings that only squeeked wen the steering wheel was turned..it didnt squeek wen running in a straight line :ponder: so dont eliminate it yet...jack her up and see is their any play in the wheels by rocking them then you can eliminate the bearing :thumbsup:

Is it squealing when you turn the stearing wheel when your stopped?
could be that the fan belt needs changing.

I had something similar a few years ago. Check your wheel nuts, just in case one has worked it's way loose. The other thing I would check is for a cracked alloy. You never know it could be something as simple as that.

Hi lad's

The nosie use to go way when i bracked but it is there the hold time now thank's johnny :thumbsup:

thank's scruff :thumbsup: I will have a good look at the alloy's cheaked the wheel nut's just yesterday all nice and tight

No nic the noise is only when I am moving
It is not a belt thank's :thumbsup:

Will do garrethk :thumbsup:

Thank's for all the help lad's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just had a look at them did not take them off

I will have a look at that tomorrow I will let you know how I get on

thank's :thumbsup:

Back